STAR TREK 2d20

Tomb of Annihilation ~ What ?? no quicksand??

what's with this ? .. All that jungle , rivers and swamps and no quicksand hazard ?? Ill have to fix that .. But all in all going thru the first read.. this FG module was really put together very well.. I like the reference manual and all the links , I'm very impressed . Everything's easy to get to . Cant wait to run this ..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Blog Entries
    As a DM I'm still undecided what I think about quicksand (in any setting). Do you play it like portrayed in fantasy and movies where it is deadly? Or do you play it like real life where it is almost never fatal even for those that don't know how to deal with it and it's biggest threat is the loss of shoes?

It's one of those things that could be fun, but not if players have real life knowledge and don't have the right expectations (i.e. are expecting fantasy or real-life behavior).

And I will agree with you, I think the adventure was very well done, if interested, see Virtual Scribe Review.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Playing in two ToA campaigns and running another I can attest that there's plenty in Chult to straight up murder you without having to worry about quicksand as well.

well .. as far as quicksand being not lethal in Real life.. this is a fantasy game so fantasy quicksand it is.. and add just one more thing to die from .. There are swamps to travel thru.. and there will be quicksand and bog traps..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Thread Information