DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries

Savage Mojo Legends Awaken Initiative

With permission from Doug at Smiteworks, and Miles Kantir I am reposting the announcement made on Savage Mojo’s Suzerain page on Facebook.
    With the Legends Awaken Initiative, we want to do more with gaming than just build great campaigns in living realms where you can influence how our universe changes.
    From personal experience, we know how much roleplaying can be a positive benefit in gamers’ and developers' lives. Gamers with physical or mental disabilities, as well as those suffering from social isolation or disadvantage, can equally benefit from a positive gaming experience. We've seen it time and again, and we're making this a central part of what Savage Mojo offers - we will always strive to make Legends Awaken a safe haven for everyone, an inclusive and welcoming experience. To all of you who’ve already been hanging out, we’re glad you’re here. Feel free to reach out to us in this post or privately though message and tell us what you seek in your gaming and community. Or you can email me at: [email protected] That works too.
    https://www.facebook.com/suzerainrpg...nf&pnref=story
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/3933...id=85547098855

As a supporter of Fantasy Grounds I wish to add this. VTT’s are not an optional tool in such an initiative. For too many the only access to social activities is online gaming. I have only ever played on Fantasy Grounds, a few sessions on one of those other VTT’s(not impressed). Part of this initiative has been a few of us getting the Savage Mojo team trained on Fantasy Grounds so they can expand their outreach to others like us who struggle with limitations in access. (3 games this FG-Con came out of this initiative, by spring we hope it will be many more.) Utilizing Fantasy Grounds as the go to VTT we hope this initiative will not only bring more games to long time gamers, but start bringing in new players, who for many reasons never had the opportunity to discover RPG’s and the amazing potential for them in overall well-being.
    I have never made a secret of my belief in the power of RPG’s as a therapeutic tool. In doing the module conversions of Savage Mojo Suzerain campaign I stumbled into a group of likeminded people, and I am happy to support their initiative (for now that is limited to training GM’s on FG and getting as much of the Savage Mojo material available on Fantasy Grounds as fast as we can).
    So if you have Facebook go by and check the links out. Clyde is working to get this on all of their social media sites and we’ll update as that happens.
    Last edited by Ellspeth; October 8th, 2017 at 14:48. Reason: misspelled Miles :(

Blog Entries
    Hey Ellspeth, sounds interesting, but I have to admit I'm a bit dense and don't quite understand what Save Mojo / Legends Awaken is (and I suspect I'm not alone).

This is what I think it is, can you please clarify (cause I'm sure I've got something inaccurate!);
    - A living campaign (i.e. where the feedback from multiple play groups define the future paths of the campaign for all groups)
    - A socially open group that insures disabled gamers can participate (but not limited to the disabled)
    - Using Savage Worlds ruleset?
    - High fantasy setting?
    - Uses FG as the VTT of choice

Also, is there a published or distributed campaign guide or other resources?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Heya Lord Entrails, the first two you understand as well as I do, but Clyde who is the designated Suzerain Guide can probably be more helpful. For number two, the Suzerain Continuum I believe has been published for both Pathfinder and Savage Worlds, but as of now only the Savage Worlds version is available Fantasy Grounds. Most of Savage Mojo's published material is part of the Suzerain rules, and the initiative is centered around these. I have completed five for Fantasy Grounds since July, the one I am running for FG-Con, Set Rising I will have finished about the time of FG-Con. So the high fantasy setting is yes, though over time the goal is to broaden to other settings. And yes, those involved in the project support Fantasy Grounds as the VTT of choice, and we are actively training several Savage Mojo people in the project on GM'ing on FG. Clyde is offering his first game on FG for FG-Con in fact, we have several others planning to follow suit well before the next one.
    This however is a project we would like to see expand. Everyone of us appreciate RPG's as a hobby, but this project involves expanding the view and hence the players who see it as so much more. It may be over the top here, but I personally see RPG's having the potential for impacting our society in may positive ways, and with VTT's (for me there can be only one) the opportunity to develop those potentials, to reach those who were never a part of it before, has multiplied exponentially.
    This is the beginning stage, where it goes after this, well maybe the dice gods will decide.

Hey there, oh Lord of Entrails. You have the right idea on all those points, for sure. To elaborate on the "fantasy setting" thing a little, Suzerain is a setting which links the infinite realms of the universe together, so you can really play in any setting you like or even travel between them. Fantasy, science fiction, horror, historical, alternate reality... it's all a part of Suzerain. The published fantasy realms of Starfall and Relic are perhaps the most well known (see our Shaintar and Caladon Falls books at savagemojo.com for more on those) but you can also get an overview of the fascinating universe that is Suzerain in the wiki too.
    -MMK
    Publisher, Savage Mojo

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ellspeth and Miles. Also, welcome to the forum Miles Those links help. The facebook link earlier kind of seemed like you already had to know what was going on in order to "get it"

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the welcome. And yeah, the Facebook posts are mostly aimed at people who've been following us already, so it's completely fair for you to ask questions because we should be going back to basics a bit too for people who haven't been a part of Suzerain over the years. I'm sure Clyde will put some of those links on Facebook too for people who are visiting for the first time :-)
    -MMK
    Publisher, Savage Mojo

That's good stuff Ellspeth!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for adding clarity here Miles. I had noted my main contribution so far has been working to get as many of the Suzerain Continuum campaigns into modules as fast as I can, and working with people like Clyde to get them up to speed on Fantasy Grounds. And bringing Savage Mojo people together with Fantasy Grounds players and GM's to facilitate the rest. However my enthusiasm for RPG's positive benefits and potential to open up the hobby to people like myself, with disabilities have often forced us to limit our participation in so many aspects of life, I tend to get ahead of myself.

Blog Entries
    We had such a positive result for all 3 Savage Mojo Suzerain setting games at FG-Con plans are all ready being made for FG-Daze and the next FG-Con to try to offer even more.
    Also now extending the discussions about FG, FG-Con and FG-Daze to the Savage Mojo insider blogs.
    https://savagemojo.com/blogs/singleBlog.cfm?bpID=2187
    Thanks for the support everyone.

Thread Information