STAR TREK 2d20
Page 10 of 49 First ... 8910111220 ... Last
    Folks,

About to send an update (v1.0.2) over to FG.

Here's what's in it.

• Script error when creating a new toon and then opening their character sheet is fixed
    • Script error when double clicking Brawling attack is fixed
    • Exploits from Species/Careers have all been added to the Master Exploits list
    • When dragging a Species to a character sheet the Exploits text is now showing just a simple list, rather than the formatted text (which isn't supported in the chat window)
    • When dragging a Species to a character sheet the Exploits are automatically added
    • When dragging a Species to a character sheet the Size is automatically added (note Androids will have to edit this, as theirs is marked as small, medium, large by default)
    • When dragging a Species to a character sheet any Exploits that are choices (ie Androids) will be shown
    • Attribute Actions now show Intuition rather than Intelligence
    • Reference Manual has some minor changes
    • Theme has been updated to include the Exploit button
    • Perception is now rollable

Note, not had time to fix the Psionic Attack 'damage type', this is currently first on my list this week coming.

I'll update Post #1 now with the new 'todo' list.

Cheers
    Col
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; November 6th, 2017 at 22:32.
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Something that might be interesting is using it to remake the old Starshield RPG system.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I'm not playing this, but I have thought a reverse 'First Contact' scenario would be fun to play. i.e. where you are a ship's crew for your planet's first FTL ship. Right after you make your first test run, say to a nearby uninhabited star and come back, an alien ship jumps in and says "Hello, welcome to the neighborhood!"

This would put things where the players are have to learn everything, their is not a big resource book for them to go look up races or maps or technologies etc. Everything would be new and unknown. It would allow you to build things as you go, so you don't need to map the galaxy or layout all the races or anything like that Very similar to a medieval setting where you start with one town and then map and build as the players explore.

Some of the early missions could include;
    - Visit the local trade hub and apply for membership
    - Gain peace/trade treaties with other races
    - Track down some earlier generation ships sent from your planet to see if they are ok and if they reached their destinations (which of course they could have been kidnapped, or aimed for a planet already inhabited and now have to divert, or...)
    - Find new technologies to upgrade their ship (anti-gravity, weapons, shields, material/structural...)
    Thanks a lot LordEntrails . Many good ideas indeed
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Evening All,

Just sent v1.0.3 upto FG.

Not a massive lot of changes, as this week I've been super busy with RL stuff.

Ruleset - Added Homeworlds (drag and drop onto the Character Sheet)
    Theme - String changes for Homeworlds where possible (known as Homelands in OLD - and still on the Window Lists)
    Reference Manual - Fixed a few typos. added the Homeworlds Data.

Next week I'll be fixing the Psionic Attacks damage type as well as adding some more features.

Cheers
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I am having trouble editing the skill list, I am trying to add a new skill, dodge, I can open the blank create screen but can not add any text. I am able to create new equipment and the character and NPC screens all work fine. The exploit create screen lets me add the descriptors but not a title. Is there a step I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by ercsmith View Post
    I am having trouble editing the skill list, I am trying to add a new skill, dodge, I can open the blank create screen but can not add any text. I am able to create new equipment and the character and NPC screens all work fine. The exploit create screen lets me add the descriptors but not a title. Is there a step I am missing?
    Hello,

I'm working on 1.0.4. this weekend, there's no way to add the 'description' just yet, it's on my todo list, but as you've raised it I'll bump it up next after I complete the Party Sheet (hope to finish that tomorrow). Hope this is ok with you.

I try and get a new build out every other week, containing bugs reported first, then new features.

At the moment 1.0.4. contains:

• Fixed Drugs, Vehicles and Cybernetics Items being not 'added' to the Inventory page when dragged these items.
    • Update Attribute Values when dragging a Species onto the character sheet
    • Allow the calculated fields (Jump/Carry etc) to be editable via a mini-pop-up screen (like Speed) so that any Exploits/Traits (entered manually) can override the calculated totals
    • Fixed missing exploits for Venetian's when dragging the Race to the character sheet
    • WORKING ON - Add the Party Sheet

Cheers
    MBM

Folks,

About to send 1.0.4. off to the good folks at FG.

• Fixed - Drugs, Vehicles and Cybernetics Items being not 'added' to the Inventory page when dragged these items
    • Fixed - Fixed missing exploits for Venetian's when dragging the Race to the character sheet
    • Fixed - Attributes with a value of '3' will now correctly calculate the dice pool as '2' (and not 1) (Reported by MiShLoF via Twitter)
    • Fixed - the Venetian and Ogron species have been renamed to drop the 'S'. See below
    • Fixed - Correctly show 'Intuition' on attribute rolls, rather than 'Intelligence' (Reported by MiShLoF via Twitter)
    • Feature - Update Attribute Values when dragging a Species onto the character sheet
    • Feature - Added the Party Sheet Tab for the GM.
    • Update - Jump (Horizontal & Vertical) are no longer calculated, you can manually enter in the figures.

NOTE: The Ventian and Ogron species have been re-named (dropping the 's' from the end). This means the link no-longer works. You will need to drag the race back onto the character sheet, but note that the Attribute values WILL BE ADJUSTED - so make a note of them all before doing this so you can edit them back.

The next update, 1.0.5. aimed in 2 weeks should have the following, plus any bugs found in 1.0.4.

• Feature - Update Attribute Values when dragging in a Homeland
    • Feature - Jump will be calculated once more using a mini-pop-up window. This will show fields Dice, Exploits, Race and Misc for both Horizontal & Vertical.
    • Update - Skills/Exploits will allow all fields to be editable (via the padlock)
    • Update - Make sure all reference text fits with the released v1.2 of the NEW rulebook.

Cheers
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; November 27th, 2017 at 22:20.

I'd like to make some changes to this ruleset for my group, but I can't seem to find the mod, ruleset or an extension for it in the respective folders.

Where can I find the code for this? Thanks!

Thread Information