DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Sjelsyk View Post
    Due to the release of "Investigator's Handbook", I've been looking more at the "Reference" layout. Not sure if this is specific for CoC7e or just a CoreRPG thing, but is it possible to make the columns resizable so the content itself can get more "room". This is especially noticable when you resize it to more or less full screen. It's no need for the table of content to occupy 30-40% of the frame.

It's not something critical, but I just thought I should mention that it would've been great if it could be made resizable so that the right side could get more room on screen if the user wish to.

Couple of other things that would've been awesome if could be looked into are these:
    - Personal tab: A box to cross of which of the fields are this Investigators Key Connection (We just use a * after the text, but would've been nice to have a box in front or behind the field.
    - Personal tab: When a lot of information is being typed into for example "Significant People", it will make this part of the sheet scrollable, but I think this looks a little strange. Seeing as the character sheet can be resized in height, wouldn't it be better to just move everything down instead of just his mid-category?
    - Personal tab:Which also brings me to "Personal Description" field, which I think would've benefited to be bigger also if character sheet was resized by user. As it's quite small, and it can contain a lot of information if people write a semi-decent backstory to the character. Also since we can format text here, it often happen to look something along the lines of the screenshot I've added.
    - Notes tab: Can this also be formatted like the Personal Description? None of my players use it, and instead creates a "Note" and do all the notes there, which of course works fine... But the alternative would be to change the Notes on the character sheet to "Personal Description", or "Backstory" or something like that.

It might just be my groups and players that use this differently than others, and if that's the case then that's all fine. But just wanted to bring it up.

Attachment 21067
    Attachment 21068
    Hi Sjelsyk,
    Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts, we really appreciate the feedback.

Your suggestions are all good, I'll see if I can incorporate them. The only one that might be tricky is the Notes Tab as it has always been a string field and I will need to make sure I maintain backward compatibility. I'll see if I can come up with some sort of solution.

Thanks!

@Notes: Yeah, I figured there had to be a reason why "Notes" stayed like that, but "Personal Description" got the formatted look when it was introduced

@Personal Description/Backstory: Maybe this would've been best as it's own tab, even if it makes sense to have it under Personal also. Just thinking about the default sheet size and how it would look best. Of course, there's always those that don't want more tabs also (I assume).

This is a feature, also meant more for porting book content into FG ourselves, but I'd really love to have an option somewhere when making own Occupations to add the options where the player could choose from a drop down for example with occupation points, where sometimes it's a choice with one of them about which stat it would use (See "Agency Detective" (but there's tons of those in the normal rulebook as well and in other books with occupations) in Investigator Handbook - 2 x DEX or STR), and also on the same occupation there's the "One interpersonal skill" which only lists the four skills available.

The implementation could be something like if you clicked a button next to that field you could get a "custom" field, and then you could write a text (like "one interpersonal skill") and then drag the skills onto it to add which would be available to the investigator when he or she clicked on this dropdown menu.

Nothing too important, but as many other things seems to be getting very good as of lately with the means to be able to do porting ourselves within FG, it's just one more thing on my wishlist.

Hi Sjelsyk, This is on my list of things to do, but is actually quite complex and every time I start it, I think of other things that are easier and more pressing :-)

I will get to it eventually.

@ianmward: Hah, I totally get where you're coming from regarding prioritizing other more important things than going head-on into the complex stuff that ain't vital but would be nice to have. However, it's great to hear that it's already on the list to do :-)

Hi @ianmward.
    Being CoC a percentile based system, I would make the d100 more easily accessibile to roll. Not hidden in [Right click on d10 => Custom dice => d100], but maybe [Right click on d10 => d100].

Making d100 1 level deep instead of 2 levels deep in the radial menu would make it more readily accessible. (You could substitute it with the "Roll 2 d10" in the contextual/radial menu, because it's easily achievable by right clicking the dice once while you hold left click).

Or I am missing something something and there is an easier way to roll d100? (A standalone one, not an autocalculated Ability Roll).

You can drag it to the quickbar...

@ianmward.
    Yes, that's exactly what I did.
    The point is you can also drag the 2d10 to the quickbar. Being a percentile system it still looks to me it would be more elegant, rational and useful to put the d100 more directly accessible.
    Just my preference and suggestion though, I don't want to criticize or start a debate.
    Still loving (and enjoying) this great Ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by alessandro View Post
    @ianmward.
    Yes, that's exactly what I did.
    The point is you can also drag the 2d10 to the quickbar. Being a percentile system it still looks to me it would be more elegant, rational and useful to put the d100 more directly accessible.
    Just my preference and suggestion though, I don't want to criticize or start a debate.
    Still loving (and enjoying) this great Ruleset.
    Unfortunately, the dice on the desktop are limited to what they are by the FG engine somwe are limited at the moment in what we can do in the ruleset.

I’ll add it to the list and see what we can come up with.

Ian,

Try looking at the RMC ruleset if you have it, or send me a note. They have a solution that involves a desktop icon next to modifier box that turns into percentile dice when dragged.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information