DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Enhancements for the next versionof the 7e ruleset

I am now working on enhancing the 7e ruleset for the next release. I have a few things I want to do but would appreciate feedback on what others would like to see. Please post here with what you'd like to see included, with as much detail as you can.

If you see something someone else has suggested and you like that idea, please also mention it so that I can gauge the popularity and therefore prioritise.

Reserved for future use

VenomousFiligree
    Whilst I'm aware that Pulp Cthulhu is in the works adding functionality to the CoC 7e ruleset to make it easier to use now would be good:

* Unlocking HP to make it user editable
    * Somewhere to record Pulp Talents

Enhancements to allow optional rules from Chaosium setting books:

* Adding non core skills to occupations
    * Setting base values of non core skills

Blog Entries
    We did begin Pulp Cthulhu in earnest very recently and am making good progress on it. Investigators Handbook has just been submitted but the Pulp Cthulhu turn around will be much faster and the extra features for it will most likely be deployed to the ruleset so you wont need to purchase a FG copy of that product to use them.

VenomousFiligree
    Good to hear, will be an instant purchase for me.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    We did begin Pulp Cthulhu in earnest very recently and am making good progress on it. Investigators Handbook has just been submitted but the Pulp Cthulhu turn around will be much faster and the extra features for it will most likely be deployed to the ruleset so you wont need to purchase a FG copy of that product to use them.
    Great to hear that the Investigators Handbook has just been submitted. Also looking forward to the Pulp Cthulhu "extension" (and the rulebook module) to the ruleset. I like that we don't specially have to buy a new module for these things, even if I'll probably buy it in FG anyway...

On that note, I hope eventually (even if I know it will take time, and it's probably not the most demanded thing) the "Cthulhu Through the Ages" will come, with all it's era specific periods also. Especially "Invictus", "Dark Ages" and "End Times" are periods I'd be very interested to have in FG. This way I could run campaigns like "Ripples From Carcosa", which has been something I've been wanting to do for a while. But I do get that it takes time to implement these things But it's definitely in the wish list.

Due to the release of "Investigator's Handbook", I've been looking more at the "Reference" layout. Not sure if this is specific for CoC7e or just a CoreRPG thing, but is it possible to make the columns resizable so the content itself can get more "room". This is especially noticable when you resize it to more or less full screen. It's no need for the table of content to occupy 30-40% of the frame.

It's not something critical, but I just thought I should mention that it would've been great if it could be made resizable so that the right side could get more room on screen if the user wish to.

Couple of other things that would've been awesome if could be looked into are these:
    - Personal tab: A box to cross of which of the fields are this Investigators Key Connection (We just use a * after the text, but would've been nice to have a box in front or behind the field.
    - Personal tab: When a lot of information is being typed into for example "Significant People", it will make this part of the sheet scrollable, but I think this looks a little strange. Seeing as the character sheet can be resized in height, wouldn't it be better to just move everything down instead of just his mid-category?
    - Personal tab:Which also brings me to "Personal Description" field, which I think would've benefited to be bigger also if character sheet was resized by user. As it's quite small, and it can contain a lot of information if people write a semi-decent backstory to the character. Also since we can format text here, it often happen to look something along the lines of the screenshot I've added.
    - Notes tab: Can this also be formatted like the Personal Description? None of my players use it, and instead creates a "Note" and do all the notes there, which of course works fine... But the alternative would be to change the Notes on the character sheet to "Personal Description", or "Backstory" or something like that.

It might just be my groups and players that use this differently than others, and if that's the case then that's all fine. But just wanted to bring it up.

reference-example.png
    character-sheet-example.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjelsyk View Post
    Due to the release of "Investigator's Handbook", I've been looking more at the "Reference" layout. Not sure if this is specific for CoC7e or just a CoreRPG thing, but is it possible to make the columns resizable so the content itself can get more "room". This is especially noticable when you resize it to more or less full screen. It's no need for the table of content to occupy 30-40% of the frame.

It's not something critical, but I just thought I should mention that it would've been great if it could be made resizable so that the right side could get more room on screen if the user wish to.

Couple of other things that would've been awesome if could be looked into are these:
    - Personal tab: A box to cross of which of the fields are this Investigators Key Connection (We just use a * after the text, but would've been nice to have a box in front or behind the field.
    - Personal tab: When a lot of information is being typed into for example "Significant People", it will make this part of the sheet scrollable, but I think this looks a little strange. Seeing as the character sheet can be resized in height, wouldn't it be better to just move everything down instead of just his mid-category?
    - Personal tab:Which also brings me to "Personal Description" field, which I think would've benefited to be bigger also if character sheet was resized by user. As it's quite small, and it can contain a lot of information if people write a semi-decent backstory to the character. Also since we can format text here, it often happen to look something along the lines of the screenshot I've added.
    - Notes tab: Can this also be formatted like the Personal Description? None of my players use it, and instead creates a "Note" and do all the notes there, which of course works fine... But the alternative would be to change the Notes on the character sheet to "Personal Description", or "Backstory" or something like that.

It might just be my groups and players that use this differently than others, and if that's the case then that's all fine. But just wanted to bring it up.

reference-example.png
    character-sheet-example.png
    Hi Sjelsyk - I agree - I find that very frustrating - but it is a CoreRPG or Engine issue...
    You might however notice that the tables have appropriately sized columns now (at least in the IH) which is a small thing but makes a big difference.

Blog Entries
    Oh - and I didnt see that it got pushed to the store just yet - thanks!

I figured it might be a CoreRPG/Engine thing
    But apart from this the IH module looks great so far (Been looking through it rather quickly).

Thread Information