5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 31 of 62 First ... 21293031323341 ... Last
    In Storm King's Thunder the DMG is not properly linked to in the Random Wilderness Encounters story page, and the tables in the DMG do not properly link to the encounter description when rolled on.

Hi Nodal, welcome to FG.

I fixed the links STK recently but it hasn't been released yet, it should be released in a couple of days.

Can you give me more information about the DMG problem. There are no encounters in the DMG so I'm a bit lost as to what it is you are talking about.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi Nodal, welcome to FG.

I fixed the links STK recently but it hasn't been released yet, it should be released in a couple of days.

Can you give me more information about the DMG problem. There are no encounters in the DMG so I'm a bit lost as to what it is you are talking about.
    As an example, the Random Urban Encounters table in the DMG. When you roll on it it doesn't show the description for the thing you roll like the tables in SKT do.

When I add a second level of Warlock to a character, Fantasy Grounds adds proficiency to Deception and Persuasion. After some minor testing, it appears this only occurs while Xanathar's is loaded and it is likely adding Beguiling Influence automatically as one of your Eldritch Invocations. FGerror.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by kenangonewild View Post
    When I add a second level of Warlock to a character, Fantasy Grounds adds proficiency to Deception and Persuasion. After some minor testing, it appears this only occurs while Xanathar's is loaded and it is likely adding Beguiling Influence automatically as one of your Eldritch Invocations.
    Indeed, this has been reported before and it is on my list for fixing
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Nodal View Post
    As an example, the Random Urban Encounters table in the DMG. When you roll on it it doesn't show the description for the thing you roll like the tables in SKT do.
    I see what you mean. The DMG tables are there as a sort of guide for what the DM can do in their own Campaigns; they aren't really meant to be used as is. SKT on the other hand have specific encounters that could happen during the adventure and can have an impact on the story. It is also probably the case that when the DMG was written it wasn't easy to add actual links in tables to a reference manual page.

So not a bug as such, it is working as intended.

I may look at adding in actual links at a future date, but since this is the only time this has been mentioned since the DMG was released not, perhaps, a high priority.

It appears that magical bows don't automatically have the ranged/ammunition property, so dragging them to a character sheet doesn't list them as a ranged weapon and there's no ammo count box. I got around it by using a normal shortbow and manually adding the modifiers/magic property (since I couldn't find a way to add the ammo to the magic item), but wanted to report it in case it could get added in a future update.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hmm, how strange. I'll need to have a look at that, since they all have the correct properties.

All you need to do is click the sword icon in the actions tab until it changes to an arrow to make a weapon ranged.

ability modifier tags don't seem to apply to effects atm.

eg.
    INIT: [WIS]
    ATK: [INT]
    DMG: [CHA]

This works for me. Remember, as noted on the wiki, the ability modifier tags are only valid when applied from a PC, and only when the effect is first applied. FG does not currently support effects that dynamically change based on ability modifiers.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information