5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 23 of 62 First ... 13212223242533 ... Last
    Ok, I have tested this with the extension and without it and I still get no errorrs. What I did was as follows.

1) Loaded FG with the extension and created a new character
    2) Created an item with the effect SKILL 5 athletics (note the syntax - it is not what you posted above)
    3) Added the item to the character and equipped it.
    4) Added the character to the CT. The effect correctly showed on the CT as SKILL: 5 athletics
    5) Made various athletics skill checks and noted the character got the +5 bonus correctly with no errors.
    6) I then exported the character and created a new campaign without the extension and imported the character.
    7) The character was placed on the CT but (correctly) no effect was shown there. All Athletics checks were rolled without error and without the bonus of +5
    8) I then created another new campaign, without the extension, created a character in that campaign and made various athletics and other skill checks without error.

As I say I can't reproduce the error so I'm guessing that something other than the extension is causing the issue. If you did something different other than what I have noted above let me know so that I can investigate further.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Missing the 7 in this table of Xanathar:

It should be 6~7 in the "Natural causes"

Would be nice to fix this as well in the Adventures table:

Noted, thanks for reporting.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Number 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 are missing from this roll on the Supernatural Events table.

BTW: I'm translating this template into portuguese for my players and making some improvements, I suggest you guys to put a autoroll in the end of the rolls, for example, this roll could auto roll a table called "Possessed by", the tables which require a d6 roll (odds and evens) could also auto roll it ". Result: [1d6]" or a ". Result: [Table Even/Odd]" which would say "1 odd; 2 even; 3 odd..."

Noted on the missing numbers. I would have added another rollable table there but I designed the tables around the template and the Template doesn't like rolls from a child table. It would completely mess it up.

Weird stuff table, missing the []

Gah! I thought I'd caught all of those.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I understand, but was the error given with an item that had been modified by the extension? That's why I'm saying start with a completely new item, and perhaps even a new character in a new campaign. To figure out where this is coming from, we have to eliminate and isolate everything we can.

Given that no one else has seen this, or can reproduce it, it seems like it is due to the extension. Even if the extension is off, I'm pretty sure that extension does things to the campaign and the items. Things that may not work well without the extension.
    i first noticed it after yes modifying an item. applying the effect to a separate item still gave error and with out items still gave error. going to try the suggestions given to see if i can squish this pesky bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Ok, I have tested this with the extension and without it and I still get no errorrs. What I did was as follows.

1) Loaded FG with the extension and created a new character
    2) Created an item with the effect SKILL 5 athletics (note the syntax - it is not what you posted above)
    3) Added the item to the character and equipped it.
    4) Added the character to the CT. The effect correctly showed on the CT as SKILL: 5 athletics
    5) Made various athletics skill checks and noted the character got the +5 bonus correctly with no errors.
    6) I then exported the character and created a new campaign without the extension and imported the character.
    7) The character was placed on the CT but (correctly) no effect was shown there. All Athletics checks were rolled without error and without the bonus of +5
    8) I then created another new campaign, without the extension, created a character in that campaign and made various athletics and other skill checks without error.

As I say I can't reproduce the error so I'm guessing that something other than the extension is causing the issue. If you did something different other than what I have noted above let me know so that I can investigate further.
    just so you know at the time the full list of extensions i had on were "advanced effects" "table import" "death indicator 2.0" "DOE Base, and location" "remove 0 hp npcs" and "window saver"

I fixed the issue now. by deleting the ruleset folder and updating. going to try testing out the extensions again and see if the error comes back.

Thread Information