FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 13 of 62 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by astromath View Post
    What's the max size of a jpg map you can use for the maps and images folder? I've add one that's 5248x3837 with no problem, but when I try to add another of similar size I get an invalid image file error.
    It is SUGGESTED, by the makers, that maps max out at 2048 x 2048. This is not a hard rule, but it is a suggestion to make things run smoothly. Also compression at 60%. I have no other info than that, except to say that when I make modules for Smiteworks, they do REQUIRE those parameters (to ensure eveyone can use them easily). Images that are NOT maps, should be limited to 1000 wide x 700 tall.
    rob2e - Join me on Discord!
    Become a Patron!
    Follow me on the Twitters
    Come watch the Twitches... twitch.tv/rob2e
    Also my YouTube Channel
    Available on the FORGE
    My Dungeon Master's Guild Material

I don't think you would get an invalid image error if the files are too big; and also unless as DM you have a fantastic amount of stuff open you'll run out of memory. I'd check to make sure that the file is actually a .jpg file and not some other format. Also at what point are you getting this error (when you open it? load it?). It's possible the file is corrupted - possibly also an extension although that's unlikely. Can you open the image in a new campaign without any extensions?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

They are definitely jpg. I use OpenOffice Draw to create the maps, then GIMP to put finishing touches on them and export them as jpg. Could be a memory issue then. I have Chrome with several tabs open, OpenOffice Draw open, Adobe Acrobat Reader open, FG open, and GIMP open.

I'll try to cut them down to size.

P.S. I looked in the Wiki before I posted for the answer. There's nothing about suggested file size or pixel size. It would be great if you put those pieces of info in. Thx.

DD Monster Manual
    Giant Centipede

Problem: Senses does not list the passive Perception score.

DD Monster Manual
    Giant Centipede

Problem: Senses does not list the passive Perception score.
    Noted. You'll find information on images in this guide.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Noted. You'll find information on images in this guide.
    Much appreciated. Thx.

What's the max size of a jpg map you can use for the maps and images folder? I've add one that's 5248x3837 with no problem, but when I try to add another of similar size I get an invalid image file error.
    The limitation is the paging size of your graphics card. This sounds more like a corrupted file. Try opening it in an art program and re-saving it and then import the new image.

Rise of Tiamat's included Wraith NPC has a typo in it which results in broken stats:

Wraith 1 is from RoT, Wraith 2 is from Monster Manual. Note the extra "Glaive" Trait which breaks the resistances and condition immunities.

This is not only a 5e issue but all rulesets (that I tried). When exporting a module and you go to choose the module thumbnail FG crashes. Tried mostly on different 5e exports but also tried a few Core ones as well and they all cause FG to crash.
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Discord Server - https://discord.gg/7RMAXfgSqd
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Stream - https://twitch.tv/fshschmo
    FSHSchmo's Amazing Tabletop Podcast is available on
    Amazon Music/Audible, Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Podbean, & Spotify.

Quote Originally Posted by FSHSchmo View Post
    This is not only a 5e issue but all rulesets (that I tried). When exporting a module and you go to choose the module thumbnail FG crashes. Tried mostly on different 5e exports but also tried a few Core ones as well and they all cause FG to crash.
    I can't replicate this. Can you give us some more information like what operating system you are using, where your data files are stored, do you see any error messages in the console, are you using any extensions, does this happen in a campaign without extensions?

Thread Information