STAR TREK 2d20

Question Question about Encounters witch NPC with customized names

Both in Savage Worlds core ruleset and DLR:
    1. Create a new Encounter
    2. Drop in an NPC, let's say a Dire Wolf
    3. Customize the NPC name inside the Encounter. ie: rename the Dire Wolf into Black Dire Wolf
    4. Add the Encounter to the Combat Tracker or the Chase Tracker, with the provided button.
    5. The NPC in Tracker mantain the original name (Dire Wolf), instead of the customized one (Black Dire Wolf)

Shold not be the contrary?

After changing the name in the encounter, did you close the encounter (or at least click somewhere outside of the encounter window)? FG doesn't actually update the DB when you edit something until you leave the field completely by clicking somewhere else or closing the window.

I can recreate. It works fine in CoreRPG but not in Savage Worlds.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the info! I have patched this and commit to v4.5 maintenance update
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Exclamation

Similar issue using customized token for Placement.
    3. Modify the # field to more then one
    4. Assign a different token form every placement.
    5. Add the Encounter to the Combat Tracker or the Chase Tracker, with the provided button.
    6. The NPC in Tracker mantain the original token, instead of the one assigned by Encounter Placement

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion77 View Post
    Similar issue using customized token for Placement.
    3. Modify the # field to more then one
    4. Assign a different token form every placement.
    5. Add the Encounter to the Combat Tracker or the Chase Tracker, with the provided button.
    6. The NPC in Tracker mantain the original token, instead of the one assigned by Encounter Placement
    "Different token for every placement" is not supported by CoreRPG either. You can assign different token for each placement, but they are ignored. The purpose of showing tokens is to have X mark on them when you place them on map. You should not try to set own token to them, only the "master" token is read and assigned to CT entry. If you feel this should work differently, please request change to CoreRPG.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

These are fixed in maintenance update version, available now in test channel. Release to production will happen within few weeks

read more about the fixes here

Thread Information