STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Players cannot see if they hit or miss

With the new update, when the players attack a monster it no longer shows them if they hit it or not. I have tried resetting the option in the options tab but still to no avail. Is there something I am missing or something I need to do.

Thanks for the help.

If the target is hidden in the Combat Tracker, anything affecting it (like an attack roll) will not be shown in the chat window.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Is that a change with the update? I think that we had things that were in the combat tracker that weren't hidden and they still didn't show a hit or miss, but I will check to make sure.

Yes, it is new as of this update.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I just double-checked real quick. As long as the campaign option to "Chat: Show Results to Client" is on and the NPC is visible in the combat tracker, then the hit/miss indication is shown in the player chat window for player attack rolls.

If that's not what you are seeing, let me know some more details on how you have your campaign options and combat tracker set up so I can try to reproduce here.

Thanks,
    JPG

My 2 groups like to play at a fairly fast pace in combat - that's the advantage of FG - it resolves the results for the players without DM inteference. I don't 'fudge' results for the players, they take the dice results regardless of how good or shitty the outcome. However, I don't want them to see the NPC's on the tracker because I don't want them to anticipate when a mob's turn is coming up. i.e. we roll initiative every round. It also gives me time as a DM to do other stuff on the screen like focus on the NPC's abilities etc.

This change has really screwed with the pacing of my games. It's fine you put the change in and I get the intention, by why not make it 'an option'?
    Last edited by Haeldin; September 28th, 2017 at 19:13.

Blog Entries
    Haeldin, have you tried the option that does not show turn order in the CT for the players? Then they don't know when an NPC's turn will be (but they can see the NPC in the CT,just like they can see it on the map). Though if they can't see it on the map, you can hide it and use the options regarding stopping on hidden NPC's.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry for not responding sooner, but wanted to try several sessions before typing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I just double-checked real quick. As long as the campaign option to "Chat: Show Results to Client" is on and the NPC is visible in the combat tracker, then the hit/miss indication is shown in the player chat window for player attack rolls.

If that's not what you are seeing, let me know some more details on how you have your campaign options and combat tracker set up so I can try to reproduce here.

Thanks,
    JPG
    That was not the behavior before the latest update(s), but I don't have pre-updates to show screens to compare, but it seems @Nickademus confirms it was changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Haeldin, have you tried the option that does not show turn order in the CT for the players? Then they don't know when an NPC's turn will be (but they can see the NPC in the CT,just like they can see it on the map). Though if they can't see it on the map, you can hide it and use the options regarding stopping on hidden NPC's.
    After playing several sessions, I second Haeldin's option. I don't mind not showing initiatives on surprise, but then I want to show them to speed up combat, so now I have to toggle the options every combat where I didn't have to before, so more work for the DM.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Eru the One;359305...
    After playing several sessions, I second Haeldin's option. I don't mind not showing initiatives on surprise, but then I want to show them to speed up combat, so now I have to toggle the options every combat where I didn't have to before, so more work for the DM.[/QUOTE]
    I expect an extension could be written to give you a button on the desktop you could push to toggle this.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Now that Combat Enhancer Classic is broken a lot of the issues mentioned above are worse. There does not seem to be anyway to move from a token on the map to its link in the combat tracker. I was running a large combat with several encounters all lumped into one, so there were a lot of creatures in the CT (yes I can fix that by breaking them up but I was spoilt), and the fact that I cant easily find a target creature other than scanning through for its name is very tedious. There is link there, so why doesn't the system make use of it and highlight an active token on the map, in the CT?

Thread Information