STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Problems with Deadlands campaign NPC's

Hi all,

I've noticed that alot of the npc's in the Deadlands Adventures seem broken.
    I'm trying to get The Flood ready for my group and noticed that when i setup an encounter in the Combat tracker, the npc attacks all seem to be untrained. (1d4-2)
    Hopefully i'm just missing something but i cant see what. It's both shooting and melee attacks that seem off.
    Some npc's arn't even armed, but i guess that just means its fist fighting time.

example.png

Any help appreciated

seems like some of them are broken. Avenging Angels, Ernie Miller for example. Maybe we're supposed to add their gear as well?

Yeah it seems most of them are. Only found a few that seem to be working. Hope someone has a fix.
    Some have gear and skills to use it, but combat tracker still says they fight untrained. Weird and frustrating

Ok, for those that are noobs like me, i found out how to fix it.

Example: The first Plot point encounter in the Flood, "Apache Party".
    Load the encounter into the Combat Tracker. Then open the first Indian brave character sheet by pressing the little circle on the far right in the tracker.
    On the Character Sheet, press the padlock so its open. Open combat tab on the sheet and press the circle on the bow. Press the padlock on the bow and edit what you need. (the info can be found in Library-DL:R Player Guide-Weapons). Lock the Bow again.
    Do the same for the Tomahawk.
    Now Lock the Indian Brave and it should update all the Braves at once.

From our internal discussions, it appears that this information was not included with these NPCs as part of the original conversion, and that the features of the ruleset have advanced considerably since then. We don't have a timeline yet, but we are reaching out to the DLC developers to see if we can coordinate an update to these products.

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by David D. View Post
    Ok, for those that are noobs like me, i found out how to fix it.

Example: The first Plot point encounter in the Flood, "Apache Party".
    Load the encounter into the Combat Tracker. Then open the first Indian brave character sheet by pressing the little circle on the far right in the tracker.
    On the Character Sheet, press the padlock so its open. Open combat tab on the sheet and press the circle on the bow. Press the padlock on the bow and edit what you need. (the info can be found in Library-DL:R Player Guide-Weapons). Lock the Bow again.
    Do the same for the Tomahawk.
    Now Lock the Indian Brave and it should update all the Braves at once.
    That is how to fix it. Problem is, having bought a product, you shouldn't have to do that. IMO anyways.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    Agreed. @Doswelk and I were looking at this yesterday and, far as we could tell, the developer of The Flood is no longer among our community so it'll probably be up to someone else to get it patched up.

Seems to be a common theme with the really old (2009-era) DLC, that they have incomplete NPCs, among other things. I wasn't around back then so I don't know if FG simply didn't support more NPC features or what the deal was. There was zero QA, however; at least we have that for the past year.

Luckily it's not too hard to fix it our selves. Just a bit overwhelming when new to the program. It does help me learn the ins and outs though, so it's not all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Agreed. @Doswelk and I were looking at this yesterday and, far as we could tell, the developer of The Flood is no longer among our community so it'll probably be up to someone else to get it patched up.

Seems to be a common theme with the really old (2009-era) DLC, that they have incomplete NPCs, among other things. I wasn't around back then so I don't know if FG simply didn't support more NPC features or what the deal was. There was zero QA, however; at least we have that for the past year.
    I was on Hiatus due to new job for the last couple of years; I had gotten used to it last year but then it exploded in my face. My average day is more often 10 to 12 hours rather than the 8 to 10 I was told it would be so I am working on it when I can to update stuff so that it will work without issue.

They were complete and worked when released, from what I can see they all seem to have the same problem.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    I was on Hiatus due to new job for the last couple of years...
    Aha! Welcome back! And now that you've posted, I do recall seeing your forum name. Aki and I were discussing the possibility of me adding a complete remaster to The Flood onto my queue yesterday but if you think you're able to get back into the swing of things, I'll happily leave you to it.

Thread Information