5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    I made an modified version of this extension.

In addition to what it normally can do, you can now put a REMOVE at the end of an effect. If you then activate that effect, it will be added to the token as normal, but without the REMOVE. The REMOVE part is then executed (i.e. removing what you wanted).

Example:
    Effect 1) "Hidden; ADVATK; GRANTDISATK" (write without quotes, and set targeting to 'Self' and expire to 'never')
    Effect 2) "Sneak attack damage; DMG:1d6; REMOVE: Hidden; ADVATK; GRANTDISATK" (write without quotes, and set targeting to 'Self' and expire to 'expend on next roll')

a) Player rolls Hide skill, and then click 'Effect 1' - Hidden i applied to the character/token
    b) Player attacks with sneak attack (gets advantage from 'Hidden' effect)
    c) Player hits, and then clicks 'Effect 2' to indicate that he will get sneak damage on next damage roll. At this point 'Effect 2' automatically removed 'Hidden' and applied 'Sneak damage' (Note: if player missed, he would just click 'Effect 1' again to auto remove it)
    d) Player rolls damage (and auto gets sneak damage also). 'Effect 2' is auto removed (as part of 'expend on next roll')

Here is the modified extension:
    5E Remove Effect Tag.ext

Getting an error loading the original ext:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_5E.lua"]:7: attempt to call field 'registerEffectVar' (a nil value)

This is now included as a base part of the ruleset, so you shouldn't need this extension any longer.

The first post on the extensions list should be updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    This is now included as a base part of the ruleset, so you shouldn't need this extension any longer.
    The ability for players to remove effects with the click of a button is not included in the base ruleset.

Similar functionality is included in the Enhanced Combat extension - if the same effect is applied to an actor in the combat tracker it is removed. Maybe you're getting confused with this?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_5E.lua"]:7: attempt to call field 'registerEffectVar' (a nil value)
    When do you get this error?
    Do you have any other extensions loaded?

I've loaded a 5E campaign with no other extensions (except this one) and it works OK for me.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Are you referring to this extension or the one from Rino in the above post? I've been using the extension since the update with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Raddu View Post
    This functionality has never been part of the ruleset. This extension allows any player to remove any effect from any target by using a button that can also be put on a hotbar. The functionality added to the ruleset only allows a player to remove an effect they created by accessing a drop-down list in the combat tracker.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    When do you get this error?
    Do you have any other extensions loaded?

I've loaded a 5E campaign with no other extensions (except this one) and it works OK for me.
    Vanilla 5e campaign. Nothing else loaded. The extension in question is the one at the top of this thread.

Considering my extension doesn't modify the manager_effect_5E file, I'm going to guess that Rino didn't use my function hijacking trick and thus his version will run into conflicts each update and have to be reworked. You will have to disable the extension until he updates it to be compatible with the new version of FG. (This is why the structure of the extension was changed in the first place.)

Honestly, it would be best if that modified extension had its own thread so that any troubleshooting for it doesn't get confused with the extension on the first post of this thread.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Vanilla 5e campaign. Nothing else loaded. The extension in question is the one at the top of this thread.
    Please provide a screenshot of the chat window after load - so we can see the exact versions of everything being loaded.

To confirm - you're using just the extension in post #1 of this thread, not the one at the top of this page? You don't even have that one downloaded?

When does the error occur?

Thread Information