DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

NPC Initiative Shortcut

I'm hoping I'm missing something here, but is there a way to add "Roll NPC Initiatives" to the shortcut bar? So many other cool commands can be added, I was hoping this was possible.

We roll initiative on each round and while it doesn't seem like much, it adds time going to click: Combat Tracker > Menu > Initiatives > Roll NPC.
    Which4 clicks.

I saw that the newest (3.3.2) version had an option to roll initiative each round, but it auto rolls. My players (understandably) like to roll themselves.

Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    Nothing I can figure out. I'm pretty sure it's possible with an extension. Might want to check out the Old School Initiative for inspiration, but it's beyond me, sorry.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The button is not an actual button and can't be hotbarred. I'd prefer if several of the menu options from the CT could be, but alas, they are radial menu choices which work differently than anything else.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I set auto-roll initiative, and also have it stop at the end of the round. Then, I pause for 30 seconds or so (after announcing the end of the round) and if players don't like their initiative, they can re-roll. Player initiative can be hot-barred. This way all NPCs roll automatically, and players can roll themselves (or take the automatic roll).

Not a bad compromise. It favors the player, but then you can just throw in an extra dragon to balance things out.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

It also gives some time for me to move the "hidden" NPCs with the players being none the wiser that they're out there...

That's a good compromise Andraax. Thanks for the idea.
    Last edited by RobboNJ69; September 23rd, 2017 at 21:57.

Thanks Nickademus! Perhaps something that could be considered for future releases if the architecture would support it.

It would be a simple extension. I have an extension that does the "short rest" and "long rest" as slash commands for the chat box (which can then be put on the hotbar). Adding the roll NPC initiative should be simple. Thinking about, I may have put that in there already...

Yeah. It doesn't look like the long rest works anymore, nor the clearfoes command, but it seems the short rest and rollnpcinit commands both still work. Might need to revisit this and get it working with the latest ruleset, but in the meantime, you can run this extension with your campaign, and type "/rollnpcinit" into the chat box (but don't hit enter), then drag the command to a hotbar slot. Now pressing the associated key will roll initiatives only for the NPCs. Enjoy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    ... in the meantime, you can run this extension with your campaign, and type "/rollnpcinit" into the chat box (but don't hit enter), then drag the command to a hotbar slot. Now pressing the associated key will roll initiatives only for the NPCs. Enjoy.
    Thanks! That sounds perfect! I appreciate you taking the time to help.

Thread Information