FG Spreadshirt Swag

Fantasy Flight Games

I was wondering if the new FFG RPG Genesys is likely to get official support?
    It looks fantastic, and an official ruleset would also fit for people who want to play Star Wars and WHFRP2e that use the same proprietary dice system.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/e...core-rulebook/

I hope so, I love the star wars system. An official ruleset would be awesome.
    Sessions Running
    All currently on hold with the world going crazy. Doing random one shots.

Youtube Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8...upGKeqfxKaw1hQ

Blog Entries
    Licensing aside (and with Star Wars its never going to happen).
    SmiteWorks themselves are highly unlikely to take it on themselves as their resources are all fully allocated/utilised already.
    So it would be a community developer doing the work.
    So... I reckon your two lost likely candidates are Trenloe and Paul Pratt...
    It might be worth sounding them out but they might not want to or have the time to take o a project of that size...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Licensing aside (and with Star Wars its never going to happen).
    SmiteWorks themselves are highly unlikely to take it on themselves as their resources are all fully allocated/utilised already.
    So it would be a community developer doing the work.
    So... I reckon your two lost likely candidates are Trenloe and Paul Pratt...
    It might be worth sounding them out but they might not want to or have the time to take o a project of that size...
    Well it's not Star Wars IP, it's a new generic system from FFG that is based on the same Narrative Dice System that was first shown in Star Wars RPGs. This IP is firmly in FFG's hands, not tied to an outside.

As to the other points, that's a shame, but understandable. Smiteworks have taken on a lot of work.
    If either of them did take it on, I believe the Star Wars FFG ruleset that's already been developed (by the same people I believe) would provide an excellent base with a lot of the legwork done.
    This is entirely speculative because I universally know bugger-all about developing programs.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    Well it's not Star Wars IP, it's a new generic system from FFG that is based on the same Narrative Dice System that was first shown in Star Wars RPGs. This IP is firmly in FFG's hands, not tied to an outside.

As to the other points, that's a shame, but understandable. Smiteworks have taken on a lot of work.
    If either of them did take it on, I believe the Star Wars FFG ruleset that's already been developed (by the same people I believe) would provide an excellent base with a lot of the legwork done.
    This is entirely speculative because I universally know bugger-all about developing programs.
    There is goodly amounts of code in there but in the SW:EotE ruleset there is a significant amount of work to redo it as a CoreRPG ruleset.
    Not a trivial task...

Thread Information