---------------------------------------------------------
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

Wow, that's just great

I am trying to add a Str effect to a weapon.

Each Combat -- its gives 1d4 to Str and last 2d4 Rounds

Really what I want is to be able to Have Charges and the player can use this ability X-Times per day -- But not sure if that is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by urkas View Post
    I am trying to add a Str effect to a weapon.

Each Combat -- its gives 1d4 to Str and last 2d4 Rounds

Really what I want is to be able to Have Charges and the player can use this ability X-Times per day -- But not sure if that is possible.
    The duration will be applied when the item is equipped. Other than that I think it should work if 5E STR effect supports STR: 1d4;.

Charges are a "powers" thing and you can do it but it will be manual. Setup a daily X charge item and will be reset after a long rest. That's a bit beyond the scope of the extension tho.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks a bit beyond me trying to get it to work haha

I tried to add it on the Character but cant seem to get it to work. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by urkas View Post
    Thanks a bit beyond me trying to get it to work haha

I tried to add it on the Character but cant seem to get it to work. Thanks again
    I did some testing locally and I'm not sure 5E supports dice rolls for abilities. I could be wrong, 5E isn't my game, so you might have to settle for static value there.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Other than that I think it should work if 5E STR effect supports STR: 1d4;.
    it does not ... just to let you know only a number is working, no dice...
    The One who walks the woods.
    [Ultimate licence]

.~~~~.
    i====i_
    |cccc|_)
    |cccc|
    `-==-'

I had some issues with the extension using the 5e rule set today. When trying to apply conditions to the combat tracker from the effects tab & when trying to apply an effect from an NPC in the combat tracker, I get a script error. Thank you for the time and effort that you put into this much needed project!

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_adnd.lua"]:841: attempt to call global 'message' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_adnd.lua"]:878: attempt to call global 'isGMEffect' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by Wargrim Deephelm View Post
    I had some issues with the extension using the 5e rule set today. When trying to apply conditions to the combat tracker from the effects tab & when trying to apply an effect from an NPC in the combat tracker, I get a script error. Thank you for the time and effort that you put into this much needed project!

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_adnd.lua"]:841: attempt to call global 'message' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect_adnd.lua"]:878: attempt to call global 'isGMEffect' (a nil value)
    Not entirely sure what you're trying but I did find a issue in the areas you mentioned. This was a last minute add to work around a bug I found in addEffects(). Hopefully will be resolved in next rev of CoreRPG and I can remove it. For now I've fixed what I think is the problem there.

After that I added a effect to a NPC, manually in the CT and with the fixes I didn't get an error.... assuming that's the problem you are having this should correct it.

I'll update the first post with version 1.9.6 with this bug fix.
    ---

Thread Information