FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 14 of 17 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Seem to be having a problem. The effect do not seem to be doing anything. They apply to the PC fine and their switched on, but nothing happens when the applicable action occurs?
    If I cut n Paste the effect line into a new line (so its not applied by Advanced Effects Extension) it works fine? Anyone else seen this?
    When you cut/paste the effect and re-add it is active for everything, not just on attack/damage.

I would suggest trying w/o any extensions first other than this one to make sure it's not a conflict with another one.

If you can give me a detailed example of the options and effect string you use I'll see if I can replicate the problem. Also explain what you are wanting the effect to actually do.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Its seems that my FG copy doesnt like effects added to a PC by anything that is not Human.
    If I remove the "Applied by.." dialog, the effect works
    see images

Applying damage with dialog in place
    AdEfDam.png
    Applying the damge after removing the dialog (by clicking on it)
    ManDam.png

It may be a FG problem of somesort...
    Ill keep playing with it

No other extensions are in operation
    Last edited by Willot; October 27th, 2017 at 21:36.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Its seems that my FG copy doesnt like effects added to a PC by anything that is not Human.
    If I remove the "Applied by.." dialog, the effect works
    see images

Applying damage with dialog in place
    AdEfDam.png
    Applying the damge after removing the dialog (by clicking on it)
    ManDam.png

It may be a FG problem of somesort...
    Ill keep playing with it

No other extensions are in operation
    Found bug and fixed. Was a bit of a mix up in the if/elseif's resolving actiononly versus not actiononly (which you were using). 2.0 will have this fix and I'll try post it tonight.

Please direct discussions to the other new thread. This morphed into more than just "item effects" so the subject was a bit misleading and also this was more a test thread than anything.

Thanks for your help debugging!
    Last edited by celestian; October 27th, 2017 at 22:24.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Cool
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    It depends on what each of them do. I do my best to limit the scope of what the extension uses... only to what it needs. Other things might also be needing the same things and over riding some functions I've changed.

Anything effects or combat tracker related could possibly depending on what they do.
    I was not able to test this out until now. Stranger Things 2, broken ankle... typical things kept this testing at bay, but I figured out what was causing the issue. The Old-School Init extension. With it turned off your extension works fine for NPC's. Now to just figure out how to have both work at the same time....

I was just grating an item that is similar to the sword of life stealing and I was wondering if I could use this to make this semi-automated?

"When you attack a creature with this magic weapon and roll a 20 on the attack roll, that target takes an extra 2d6 necrotic damage, provided that the target isn't a construct or an undead. You gain temporary hit points equal to the extra damage dealt."

Quote Originally Posted by Elderith View Post
    I was just grating an item that is similar to the sword of life stealing and I was wondering if I could use this to make this semi-automated?

"When you attack a creature with this magic weapon and roll a 20 on the attack roll, that target takes an extra 2d6 necrotic damage, provided that the target isn't a construct or an undead. You gain temporary hit points equal to the extra damage dealt."
    Effects aren't triggered by specific value rolled to hit.

Also, The new version of the extension and thread is here.
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by Elderith View Post

Create an effect and place it on the person with the sword. IFT:TYPE (humanoid, beast etc); DMG: 2d6 necrotic, critical. The downside is that if they use different weapons they’ll have to continually add or remove the effect since it can’t be confined to just the one weapon. Nothing that can be done to automate the temp hp satisfactorily.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Create an effect and place it on the person with the sword. IFT:TYPE (humanoid, beast etc); DMG: 2d6 necrotic, critical. The downside is that if they use different weapons they’ll have to continually add or remove the effect since it can’t be confined to just the one weapon. Nothing that can be done to automate the temp hp satisfactorily.
    "DMG: 2d6 necrotic,crit" only fires when you crit?
    ---

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    "DMG: 2d6 necrotic,crit" only fires when you crit?
    Indeed. Technically this could give an incorrect result if the character had an extended crit range. The actual effect in this case should only fire on a natural 20, but generally it won't make a huge difference.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information