DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Updating PCs - In Fantasy Grounds or GURPS Character Assistant?

Maybe a dilemma others have solved or circumvented: I awarded character points at the end of our first GURPS Fantasy Survival session using Fantasy Grounds, yay! Now, do I have my players update their characters right into the Fantasy Grounds GURPS character sheets or somehow do this for them back in GURPS Character Assistant? How best to do this?

Potential issues:

1. Players are new to GURPS and as such have already started adding notes to skills, spells, etc. If I update their characters in GCA, and reimport them, they'll lose all their added info. Same for any manually added items they've collected during the game sessions.
    2. Assume if players update their characters in Fantasy Grounds GURPS Character sheet, this means they'll have to manually add anything that may cause a ripple effect (Example: If they had enough points to increase DX and did so, they'd have to know everything on the sheet that would be impacted by that and adjust it manually)?

Thanks, everyone.

1. Yes, they would lose notes if you re-import.

2. This is how I and my players have always done it. If they have GCA, then it would also pay for them to keep their GCA version of the character updated, that way it would be easier to check the flow on effects. Or if you (as GM) maintain their GCA characters, then you can inform that of what needs changing. In my games, prior to starting a sessions or at the end of a session we will spend a little time doing character updating in FG. New players will catch on to the update process fast, that has been my experience.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Gotcha. Thank you, ronnke. Any plans for all the Attributes, advantages/disadvantages, skills, and equipment to interconnect within Fantasy Grounds (so that manipulating 1 applies updates as related to the others)?

Not at this point. Maybe in an unforeseeable future.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information