FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: 3.3.2 Questions

3.3.2 Questions

So tonight I downloaded the update and used it...

The combat tracker wasn't the same. I could not find the 'add all players' or the 'add allies' option and ended up just dragging and dropping them in. I also wasn't sure about how to close the tracker - it appeared to auto-share which works for me.

I saw the MENU button and using it did not reveal the things mentioned.

Anyhow, is there some trick that I am missing or is this just the new model?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    The combat tracker wasn't the same. I could not find the 'add all players' or the 'add allies' option and ended up just dragging and dropping them in.
    #1 - Standard Savage Worlds - Combat Tracker "Menu" -> "Add to tracker" (South radial menu option).

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    I also wasn't sure about how to close the tracker.
    Right-click menu or Click the X (#2 in the screenshot).

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I went back and played with it and got it all sorted out. There is a certain intimidation factor to messing around with the tracker in a live game - I've been burned before .

It is unclear to me - does closing the tracker on the GM-side also close it for the players?

Tim

No, the players CT is independent of whether the DM has it open or not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    No, the players CT is independent of whether the DM has it open or not.
    Not quite true,

it depends. If you have set option "Minitracker: Host controls" to On then you as host must manually share the tracker to players (they cannot access it themselves) and when you close the tracker, it will be close it from players as well. This feature exists only in SavageWorlds ruleset.

The default option is Off to mimic CoreRPG way.
    Last edited by Ikael; September 21st, 2017 at 14:36.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

BTW, I will also mention that during last night's session, we had 3 or 4 player disconnects that were entirely unrelated to FG (3 were due to Microsoft forced upgrades). When they reconnected, there was zero problems with the combat tracker. This has not been the case in the past; all in all, the combat tracker seemed much more robust and capable of handling difficult connectivity situations while the client/host endured some lengthy disconnects without any signs of problems.

Thread Information