5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Oh, right. So it is. I thought it was the alternative theme.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Nothing really to do with the GM side, since it's a client-level issue. (i.e. size of the client window)

That's why I was asking the questions to get an idea of what is unique in their environment.

Thanks,
    JPG

A couple other pieces of information that would be useful are the Scale UI setting for FG (in FG Settings), and the Display Scale setting for Windows (right click on Windows desktop and select Display Settings).

I'll add to the original request as well.

Thanks,
    JPG

Ya, just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I was doing. He tested it last night, but to no avail
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

I got a report from another user with a similar situation. It ended up being tied to the Windows display scale setting. The other user was playing on a TV and had the Windows display scaling set to 150% at 1152x864. I tracked it back to the information reported by Windows within the application is skewed by the Windows display scaling between two different functions, even though they are "supposed" to be reporting the same information.

Also, you may be able to override by right clicking on the FG shortcut, selecting Properties, and messing with the options in the Compatibility tab related to DPI scaling behavior; but I haven't tested this.

I'm working on a quick patch to address this (by using the older functions) and a few other minor issues during the next week or so.

For the short term, you can try having those users disable the Windows display scaling to see if that helps until then.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The minimum size of the FG screen is 1024x768, so it should fit on your display. I just changed the resolution on my laptop to 1152x864, and I was able to view everything.

A few questions/requests:
    * Can you post a screen shot of your desktop?
    * Can you try resizing to a smaller area (i.e. 1024x768)?
    * Can you try maximizing the window?
    * What is the Scale UI setting for FG? (in FG Settings)
    * What is the Display Scale setting for Windows? (right click on Windows desktop and select Display Settings)

Regards,
    JPG
    I run maximized. I tried all different resolutions, going to the top native res seemed to work, but was way too small for me to use. I had no sizing set. I tried scaleUI from 80 to 180 with no change except it got worse at 100%.
    I have now totally messed up my display and can not seem to get it back to fit the screen, now it is too small, except for FG, which still goes off the bottom of the too small screen I have.
    I am visually impaired and thanks to this POS update, can not run anything at all until I figure out what went wrong, which I have already spent too much time on.
    This problem was the 'minor' one we had trying to play after the update, the other problem were causing endless errors, inability to use macros, and multiple crashes and reboots.
    I used to be a strong supporter of Fantasy Grounds and recommended it to anyone I met, bought 3 or 4 copies for friends too...Now I can't believe your incompetence.
    The entire Universe has been neatly divided into things to: A. mate with; B. eat; C. run away from; and D. Rocks. - T. Pratchett

P.S.
    It worked fine before the update. Why would the problem be MY settings?
    The entire Universe has been neatly divided into things to: A. mate with; B. eat; C. run away from; and D. Rocks. - T. Pratchett

P.P.S.
    I just had to quit all 3 of my weekly games until FG fixes this problem.

@Victor,

I apologize for any issues. The issue is the behavior difference between the way that window sizes are treated that isn't obvious right away in the application. I'm working on a patch for it.

If you ever need to change the Scale UI setting directly without launching FG client, you can run the FG Updater from the Start Menu. This only affects the scaling of the graphic elements in the main FG client window.

The Windows display scaling is a different option you can get to by right clicking on the Windows desktop and selecting Display Settings, which scales the UI elements of everything on the Windows desktop. It is right next to the option for display resolution. For now, I would change back to your original display resolution and display scaling settings.

I'm not aware of any specific details of crashes or reboots reported for this release; only the errors caused by the need for some of the community extensions to be updated.

Again, we apologize, and we're working on it.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks for working on the problem. I got my display back to it's normal for me settings.
    I often do use the Updater to change the UI scaling for FG, i did not know you could do it in game for the longest time.
    All of the settings for Windows display are no longer available or as easy to change after the Windows Creator update. I have a couple of Windows font utilities to compensate for the loss of that functionality.
    Here is some info on what happened to my display today that may or may not help you diagnose whats going on with FG.. I have a GEForce graphics card and am running the Nvidia control panel, also accessed thru a right click on the desktop. Windows Display Settings had text that said I had scaling on, but the area was greyed, and it was set to 100%. I went to the Nvidia control panel and found scaling there and turned it off, and tried differrent resolutions.
    My screen went to very small and no longver fit my monitor, yet FG still was off the bottom of the very small screen when I ran it.
    I then ran into some problems resetting my monitor as I had changed more than one thing in the scaling section, took me awhile to get it back and I got pretty frustrated, sorry about that. i can be a **** to those trying to help me sometimes.
    Anyhow, got things back to how they were, i can run FG, just not use the macros at the bottom of the screen, which I rely heavily on. It appears the other issues were patched and the new additions are pretty cool, so once again, sorry for the rant and thanks for the help. let me know if you still want screen shots or other info.
    Vic

Thread Information