DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Bulk changing text in official modules

I am converting several of the WotC published modules, inc. TOA and OOTA, so that they fit my campaign which is based in the World of Greyhawk. Is there an easy way to replace all instances of one word in the story text to another? For example, all references to Chult to become Amedio, or all instances of an NPC name to a different name? I did this manually for Lost Mines of Phandelver, it's a lot of work and easy to miss a few - hoping there's a better way.

No.

Blog Entries
    It's going to be a lot of work any which way. As Andraax says, their is no easy way.

I haven't tried this, but you might be able to do the following;
    - Create a campaign, load the module
    - Make copies of all the module story entries (via drag and drop, you won't be able to do this to the Reference Manual entries)
    - Exit FG
    - open the campaign db.xml and use find and replace in an text/xml editor like Notepad++

As I said, this might work, it might not. And certainly is not a small amount of work.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information