DICE PACKS BUNDLE

SW Saga Edtion: inputting books

Hi people,

I used to play SW Saga Edition a lot. I've found the community ruleset and now I'm looking at inputting all my rulebooks into modules.

How would I go about this? Does anyone have experience with this ruleset in FG? Does the parsing work?
    Any advice would be grand.

Grtz,
    D.
    - There's no such thing as a humble opinion -

Blog Entries
    I don't know anything specific about the ruleset, but general practices can be found here.
    Generally you'll want to decide if the rulebook is GM only or player accessible, and break them out accordingly. If you do it through the UI (what that document assumes) then you will want each module to have it's own development campaign.

I don't know if their is a parser you can use. For text/story entries you if the SW Saga ruleset is based off of CoreRPG you can probably do it. But for NPC, items etc only a SW Saga parser is likely to work because of the differing field names.

Hopefully someone who has done what you are looking to do will jump in shortly with specifics.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I don't know anything specific about the ruleset, but general practices can be found here.
    Generally you'll want to decide if the rulebook is GM only or player accessible, and break them out accordingly. If you do it through the UI (what that document assumes) then you will want each module to have it's own development campaign.

I don't know if their is a parser you can use. For text/story entries you if the SW Saga ruleset is based off of CoreRPG you can probably do it. But for NPC, items etc only a SW Saga parser is likely to work because of the differing field names.

Hopefully someone who has done what you are looking to do will jump in shortly with specifics.
    Thanks. I already noticed that there isn't a "races" or "class" tab like in 5E. I don't think the ruleset as it is now is very automated. It requires filling out the character sheet completely by hand (which isn't that difficult), for example. It's not much more than a framework.

I'm no coder. I've glanced quickly at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/ and checked out
    - There's no such thing as a humble opinion -

Thread Information