FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeGAME View Post
    I seen you are upgrading, when will this occur? hope new features can allot for easier use and play-ability. Did the price drop coincide with a drop off in usage? I hope we get things running soon to a smooth level.

Will the unity version COST more for current owners? or free as promised years ago. I hope these questions can be answered. Allot of folk only see Roll20 being used in D&D streams. I hope for the best but fear the worst down the road.
    Thanks for the interest and questions.

Fantasy Grounds and SmiteWorks is doing very well. Our company and our revenue continue to trend upwards and our popularity is growing steadily. We clearly have a different business model than Roll20 but we are happy with it. It allows us to continue to release new content, grow our users and increase our staff over time. We also coordinate well with our community developers, which now includes more than 60 paid developers. We think that we stack up very favorably against all other competition at this point. There are areas we would like to improve and we are continuing to work on improving those features and adding new features and content. We have a little over 80K users in total. Our forum membership is growing steadily and closing in on 60K members. We have an unknown number of free users.

One of these changes is Fantasy Grounds Unity, or FGU. We've been working on this behind the scenes for the last several years and we still have lots of work to do. While it's important to know where a company is headed, we think people should decide on Fantasy Grounds based on what it can do today. When FGU comes out, it will just make the decision to choose FG even better. Until we announce an ETA, you shouldn't make your decision based on what FGU will add.

Once FGU is available
    1. There will be an upgrade fee for existing licenses.
    2. We plan to make the upgrade fee a Pay-what-you-want style with a minimum level. We don't expect "Free" to be an option. We estimate $10 or $15 to be the base level upgrade fee you can choose. Upgrades have always been free in the past (just like 3.3.2 that released this week) but I don't believe we've ever said FGU would be free.
    3. Suggested upgrade tiers would be based on usage and the age of your current license. We "may" give away free license upgrades to brand new buyers. Our suggested tiers for Ultimate licenses will likely be $15/$30/$45/$60 for each year of age of the license, respectively.
    4. All add-ons/DLC will be compatible. You won't have to rebuy all the D&D stuff, Savage Worlds stuff, etc.
    5. Older DLC will not immediately have new features but we will begin adding in features to DLC in order of popularity

If you want to see how we think FG stacks up against Roll20, please take a look at the VTT comparison chart I recently updated. You can find it on the homepage under the Features menu.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...unds-vs-Roll20

We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all licenses, purchases and subscriptions. It's safe to try it out and see for yourself. If you have any questions once you get started, please post them to the forums and I think you'll find that the community is very helpful and welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Thanks for the interest and questions.

Once FGU is available
    1. There will be an upgrade fee for existing licenses.
    2. We plan to make the upgrade fee a Pay-what-you-want style with a minimum level. We don't expect "Free" to be an option. We estimate $10 or $15 to be the base level upgrade fee you can choose. Upgrades have always been free in the past (just like 3.3.2 that released this week) but I don't believe we've ever said FGU would be free.
    3. Suggested upgrade tiers would be based on usage and the age of your current license. We "may" give away free license upgrades to brand new buyers. Our suggested tiers for Ultimate licenses will likely be $15/$30/$45/$60 for each year of age of the license, respectively.
    4. All add-ons/DLC will be compatible. You won't have to re-buy all the D&D stuff, Savage Worlds stuff, etc.
    5. Older DLC will not immediately have new features but we will begin adding in features to DLC in order of popularity

If you want to see how we think FG stacks up against Roll20, please take a look at the VTT comparison chart I recently updated. You can find it on the homepage under the Features menu.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...unds-vs-Roll20

We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all licenses, purchases and subscriptions. It's safe to try it out and see for yourself. If you have any questions once you get started, please post them to the forums and I think you'll find that the community is very helpful and welcoming.

Love to see some huge names using it visibly, i know its not a easy task. Maybe more marketing, Facebook adds surrounding FLGS's. maybe eliminate the reason the UPDATER is 50/50 detected as a virus (allot of players run in to this). Thank you for replying i want more FG in everyone hands still if possible remove some of the CLUNK. Thank you for making a very good product. I hope in a year, a huge overhaul has happened, maybe some how to make auto spell effects (i know that tricky but... its just code).

Thank you all for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeGAME View Post
    maybe eliminate the reason the UPDATER is 50/50 detected as a virus (allot of players run in to this).
    I must have the luckiest group on the planet! A group of 6 people that have never had the updater detect as a virus.

Talk about beating the odds!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    I must have the luckiest group on the planet! A group of 6 people that have never had the updater detect as a virus.

Talk about beating the odds!
    Ditto - never had the Updater detected as a virus by myself nor any of my players. Weird!
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    Ditto - never had the Updater detected as a virus by myself nor any of my players. Weird!
    Me neither, and I have had a ton of different players run through my 5e Al games, and I'm in 2 weekly games. No issues.
    Ultimate license
    Current Timezone : EDT (GMT -4)
    Running: Various Adventurers League modules
    Playing: Curse of Strahd (Friday nights- OTG), Storm Kings Thunder (Thursday Nights- OTG)
    STEAM: (OTG) Teufelhunde87
    AL DCI: 4115443776

I've been using FG for 18 months now as a GM with an ultimate license. My players like the interface and haven't had to spend a dime. New players, with someone to answer a few questions, are quickly able to play and enjoy themselves.

The only one with a technical burden and learning curve is the GM, and if you stay with canned adventures, even the GM can be shielded from some of the weightier topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Roll20 don't have 1 million 'users'. They might have 1 million people who have an account but that doesn't equate with how many people actually use the software.
    Exactly. I have an account and I have never used Roll20 because it is so un-intuitive as far as it's interface
    Daedalus

Time Zone: EDT
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate License
    My Games are free to play. You only need the Demo to play

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
    Exactly. I have an account and I have never used Roll20 because it is so un-intuitive as far as it's interface
    Me too. But I also couldn't figure it out and after my research on the various VTT's, so no need to bother because it didn't have or do what I wanted (at the time of my evaluation in May 2015, much of which is still valid today).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Me too. But I also couldn't figure it out and after my research on the various VTT's, so no need to bother because it didn't have or do what I wanted (at the time of my evaluation in May 2015, much of which is still valid today).
    Yep. And I have the Ultimate version of Fantasy Grounds so anyone who wants to play can, if they don't own Fantasy Grounds they can use the demo and play for free.

I played in a short game of Savage Worlds using Maptools and that was so horrible I couldn't imagine doing that again. Fantasy Grounds is my go to VTT
    Daedalus

One other thing that will be great about FGU is that is will support other OS'S (I believe MAC and Linux, correct me if I am wrong) so it will open the program up
    to people who couldn't use it before
    Daedalus

Thread Information