DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 70 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last

Thanks Valyar.
    I am going to read and try generating my first module.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter77 View Post
    Thanks Valyar.
    I am going to read and try generating my first module.
    Though it's designed for adventure modules, the best practices link in my signature will be useful to you as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you guys.
    I could export easily the skills as a new module for another campaign.

In our Deadwatch adventure we have Techmarine with bionic legs. The rules state that "the robust construction of cybernetics adds 2 to the owner’s Toughness Bonus (after Unnatural Toughness) in the relevant location." In the ruleset, adding 2 to the Leg armor section or using the Cover mechanics is not working well in situations where there is too much Penetration from weapons.

Is there a way to represent this feature of bionics properly in the ruleset and still have the benefits of the automated damage calculations

PS: Not Dark Heresy 2 question, but this is still valid there
    Last edited by Valyar; July 29th, 2018 at 07:42.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Currently no. I would have to add something very specific for this case. The Toughness Bonus acting on just the legs. Cover, and Leg Armor, or the ARMOR:x effect won't do much, they are too generic for location.

I think this would be something I could add as a static effect. BIONIC LEG: 2 and have it add 2 TNB to specific locations. Or, I would add a small number to fill in next to the hit locations. Space is a commodity on the sheets, so I would try to avoid this.

let me look into this, should be something I could add to the 3.3.6 release coming soon.

Have in mind that there should be possibility for each body part to be marked separately, so always two legs or two arms is not viable. During the previous campaign a character lost his right arm and left leg during combat, while the priest put sub-skin armor and artificial heart and the tech-priest installed head-only bionics.

I think Effects will be great, because it is taken into account during combat. You might put some visual indicator on the rag doll in the combat sheet showing bionic limbs beneath the armor.

I ended up adding 5 effects.

Bionic RA, Bionic LA, Bionic RL, Bionic LL each granting +2 to Toughness Bonus
    Bionic Heart with a +1 bonus.

Each will factor in for the proper location. I am figuring these should be set up as "Persistent" effects on the gear tab.

Built in already is support for Armor +1 thru +10. So, items such as the cranial armor, or the armors from Rogue Trader, (I can't remember the names) that add armor to a hit location, you can set up a persistent gear effect.

That should cover these items.

Awesome You plan to release along with 3.3.6 version of FFG and CoreRpg?

Hi Paul,

I created and exported all the skills for DH in a module.
    Each skill contains a description (advanced and basic).
    For each basic skill I tried to add the description in the data_common.lua file like for example :
    skilldataDH1 = {
    ["Vigilance"] = {
    stat = "perception",
    attribute = "Perception",
    ability = "Basic",
    description = "Description of Vigilance"
    },

When I created a new pc or new npc, when I click on the Vigilance skill nothing is provided in the description frame (no "description of Vigilance" text).
    Please do you know how to proceed ?
    Thanks in advance.

@Carter77,

I am confused with your description above. The example you show is adding a skill to the basic skills in the DH1 Skill List. Currently, I don't have the description field active in the file data_common.lua. If you add it, there is more to be done in the skill scripts, and skill xml files.

What did you export? If you built a Skills Library and exported it, then just drop the links from your module on the skills list.

**Edit: I added the support you would need to make your example work. It will be included when 3.3.6 releases.

@Valyar, yes this will release when FG updates to 3.3.6
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; July 31st, 2018 at 08:44.

Thread Information