Starfinder Playlist
Page 17 of 70 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    Yesterday we started to go into pretty big target numbers when the party ended in close quarters fights. They already have high Characteristics and skill training, so there were rolls that were targeting 100+. The DoS/DoF calculations went ballistic when TN is above 100. I think extra check of the TN and special handling of those 100+s will be great.

Attached Images Attached Images
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Yep, I should have looked at that when I restructured the DH2 DoS/DoF code when you last mentioned it didn't calc correctly.

DH2, is different than all of the other 5 games. The other 5 work fine, even with TN's over 100. It's just DH2.

Originally, I kept DH2 using the BC and OW rules. When you brought up that the calc was wrong, I changed it and completely forgot why I had fudged it in the first place. I will look for a work around. Really we are just comparing the 10 digit of the die roll to the tens digit of the TN. I guess since the limit of a stat is 100, and a mod is +60, the highest tens digit would be "16" to compare. I will see what I come up with.

Long live DH1...lol

If W&G does not deliver... DH1 and the rest of the line will be immortal!

Paul, do you think it will be easy to integrate support for Dark Heresy 2 Fatigue mechanic into the ruleset?
    Structured Time: A fatigued characteristic counts as half its normal value (rounded up) when the character wishes to perform an action that includes a test that calls on that characteristic, or any other uses of that characteristic.​
    ​Narrative Time: Any time the character performs a task that includes a test of a fatigued characteristic, that task takes twice the normal time to attempt. ​
    I ask the players to subtract half of it from the XP tab where the raw numbers are, but I think it will be awesome if can happen automatically.

Also small enhancement that can be made: Fatigue Threshold for DH2 is Toughness bonus and Willpower bonus added together. The Character sheet does not take WP into account when set into DH2 mode.

DH2 fix for max fatigue will be included in the 3.3.6 release. I also have for ability, attack, skill, and psychic rolls, added use of modifier keys. Holding down Shift and rolling doubles a characteristic. Holding down Alt Halves a characteristic roll. That should work for the fatigue feature in DH2. I added it in this cycle for a house rule some have, seems useful for that also.

I also fixed the TN issue for DH2 with TN's over 100.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; July 14th, 2018 at 20:33.

The forum does not have good icons that can represent my joy.

Hi Paul,

I created a campaing using your ruleset and adding several new skills with their description.
    The problem is when I create a new campaing all the skills previously created are missing.
    Do you know how to maintain all the skills created to any new campaing ?
    Thanks in advance.

You need to create a Module in order to preserve information between campaign.

For example - I have Master campaign, where I do data entry for the module (separate master campaign for each adventure I want to have as module as well), and the rest are "normal" campaigns, where a module is loaded.

Thanks Valyar.
    How To find a explaination describing the way to create a module ?
    Is it working for item too ?
    Thanks in advance.

You can create a module for all data types in the ruleset (i.e. all libraries from Data to Tokens). Creating a module for 40k Multiset does not differ much than creating a module for any other ruleset:
    1. Create master campaign, it will be used for data entry only, don't play here as best practice
    2. You create the content you want to have in the module
    3. You export the module via /export command, selecting which library to export. You can be granular on per-item level if necessary
    4. Create new campaign and load the module.

A good videos on how to do a module:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yFW3_izigE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt0KfM0nGY8

This is, for example, the content of my module for Dark Heresy 2: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjAQJv_NpezYgsUS0v8YBTZLKfLgfg

Thread Information