5E Character Create Playlist
Page 8 of 70 First ... 6789101858 ... Last

Hello Flamewielder,

Glad you are enjoying the ruleset.

Armor Locations for items should be one of the following for the auto equip to work.
    Head
    Body
    Arms
    Legs
    Arms, Body, Legs
    All

In my campaigns I use the following:
    Chapter Traits, Deeds, Distinctions, Primarch's Curse, Marine Abilities, Squad Mode and Solo Mode abilities = Data

I only use Talents for talents.

For Power Armor Abilities, since its gear I will use a Data reference for it, and make an effect to apply it on the Gear tab, Useable Gear. You can also set these to "Persistent" so they auto apply themselves when the character is dropped into the Combat Tracker.

There is more on the Effects included in the guide in the first post, and looking at the DnD 3.5 effects guide. I also recommend watching the tutorials I made, they are listed in the first post, youtube links.
    Last edited by Paul Pratt; February 14th, 2018 at 02:35.

Thanks Paul! The YouTube tutorial and documentation helped a lot. I have a stupid question:

In your DW character sheet, what do "Chapter Traits" refer to? Can you give me an example? I'm not sure if "Chapter Traits" refers to the Chapter-specific starting benefits (for example, Blood Angels start off with +5 WS, +5 Ag and Blood Frenzy Solo Mode), the short text preceding these listed benefits, or something else entirely. I do own the entire collection of DW rule books, so you can point me to a reference and that should clear it up for me.

You are correct, the Chapter specific starting abilities. I tried to make the front sheet be place were all the chapter related info could be stored. Primarch's Curse, Chapter Traits, then the Marine's own History with the Deeds and Distinctions.
    Talents page I figured could be for general talents and the traits/talents/abilities shared by all Marines.

Hope that helps.

Initiative Calculation

Ran into something curious when playing around with Persistent Effects for Power Armour:

The Kill-team Assault Marine has an Agility of 48, giving him an AB of 4. His power armour history being A Fury like Lightning, it grants him a +5 bonus to Agility and +1 to Initiative rolls. The +5 bonus raises his Agility to 53, which would give him an AB of 5 when wearing his power armour, so his Initiative roll would be:

1d10 + 5 (for higher AB) +1 (for armour history bonus) = 1d10 + 6

Since the ruleset manages bonuses to Characteristics with Effects, I've used the Useable Gear pane on the DW CS to assign Persistent Effects to the suit of armour: [Persistent; AG:5; INIT:1]

The resulting Initiative Roll is surprising:

1d10 + 4 (unaffected by the +5 to Agility) + 1.5 (!!!)

It looked like the ruleset handled the +5 bonus to Agility Effect as a +0.5 bonus to AB Effect, which is added to the +1 bonus to Initiative Effect, to give a +1.5 bonus to Initiative. To test this, I removed the [INIT:1] Effect and the roll became:

1d10 + 4 (unaffected by the +5 to Agility) + 0.5

As a temporary workaround, I've removed the [AG:5] Effect and will use [INIT:2] to accurately reflect the change in AB and include the +1 bonus to Initiative, making a note to modify this next time the player picks a +5 Agility Advance.

Initiative.png

Interesting, let me look into this. I think it's not the effect but the initiative code. I will look at it and update as soon as I can.

Ok, it is the initiative code. I will need to update this. The AG:5 is being added from a line that treats it as AG:5 bonus, but base agility is then divided by 10, thus the .5 you are seeing.

I need to write something in there that handles the bonus properly. I should have something posted this weekend. Thanks for the report.

Another minor issue: the Carrying, Lifting and Pushing Weight should reflect the US(x2) and UT(x2) Traits. As it is, the Ruleset uses only the base SB and TB to determine these weights...

"These Loyalist weaklings can't even carry a heavy bolter! Our victory is assured!!! Blood for the Blood God!"

Correct, I knew about that one. It is "fixed" so to speak in the .xml. I didn't script for it. I should make it editable though for US and UT.

Updated .pak file added to the first post. This update fixes initiative rolls with Effects and unnatural characteristics.

@Flamewielder,

I looked into the character sheet about the Unnatural Strength and Toughness bonus for the carrying, lifting, pushed weight fields. I made these editable fields originally. In fact all the movement types can be edited.

On the main page of the character sheet, bottom area, Movement. In the upper right is a red rectangle. Push this and you can enter the values you want to adjust.

I did this rather than automate because over the editions covered, and all the varied creatures and potential bonuses it was much simpler to make these simple base value fields that could be overridden with manual inputs.

So, for the Marines, click the edit button, enter the proper amounts, click again to close and save those values.

Thread Information