DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

New Concentration Roll Feature

For the 3.3.2 update is there some setting to turn on the automated concentration rolls for NPCs? I've tried creatures from the MM, Volo's and ToB with 0 success. For players the feature works exactly as expected just by adding effects and damaging them but I'm having no luck with NPCs.

Steps used.

1. Add NPC to Combat Tracker
    2. Add PC to CT
    3. Have NPC target itself
    4. Apply effect with Concentration from NPCs list of abilities displayed under the sword icon in the CT to NPC
    5. Target, attack and damage NPC with PC

Result: Damage is applied but no Concentration roll is made.

I've tried variations such as adding PC's 1st in the CT. Dragging effects and damage instead of targeting and clicking to apply and get the same result.

It's working for me, both with dragged and written effects.

Make sure that it's the NPCs turn when you apply, otherwise it'll be applied from the current player which will break this effect thing.

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    It's working for me, both with dragged and written effects.

Make sure that it's the NPCs turn when you apply, otherwise it'll be applied from the current player which will break this effect thing.
    Got it. So I'm going to need to turn "skip hidden actor" off or manually move the turn indicator to the NPC. Otherwise when I go to do things like have an Acolyte in the next room cast bless in reaction to hearing my players battling loudly or having the Wizard in that next room start out using greater invisibility, the effect isn't going to append properly. Thanks for helping clear that up!

Does, or how, does this new feature support Advantage or Disadvantage or bonuses like for Bladesong in doing the Concentration check. It's not just a Constitution check. On my characters, I make a psudo-skill called Concentration and set modifiers or effects to do this. But how is the new feature going to handle it? Or is it?
    Bryan Britt, a.k.a. Brynnan the High

Adventurers League Online, Local Coordinator for Fantasy Grounds
    Adventurers League Online, Quest of the Week DM Team

Ultimate License Holder, any license can play

Quote Originally Posted by jojogladco View Post
    Got it. So I'm going to need to turn "skip hidden actor" off or manually move the turn indicator to the NPC. Otherwise when I go to do things like have an Acolyte in the next room cast bless in reaction to hearing my players battling loudly or having the Wizard in that next room start out using greater invisibility, the effect isn't going to append properly. Thanks for helping clear that up!
    You can use standard FG targeting to apply a concentration effect with the correct source. Don't use drag/drop - have the source target the recipient and then apply the effect from the source. This is currently being discussed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post355877
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If a PC has the War Caster feat, then the concentration check will automatically be performed with Advantage.

If you add an effect for "SAVE: # concentration", you can add specific concentration-only roll modification effects.

Regards,
    JPG

So how do you actually add a bonus to concentration saves like with bladesong?

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieManny View Post
    So how do you actually add a bonus to concentration saves like with bladesong?
    See Moon Wizard's post directly above yours.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

My guess for bladesong would be to add a power with an effect that looks like this

AC: [INT]; ADVCHK: acrobatics; SAVE: [INT] concentration

and set it to target yourself and last for 1 minute. I don't think there's an effect to alter your base speed.
    All that said, I'm still new to FG, so I might be missing something or I might have syntax wrong. The 5e Effects page on the wiki is extremely lacking in explaining syntax for things. That or I'm overlooking the obvious. (edit: I was overlooking something, all the syntax is there it just wasn't in the order I expected!)
    Last edited by Caelen; October 3rd, 2017 at 01:06.

You are correct, there's no effect which can alter base speed.

The syntax is explained in the wiki article you pointed to in this section.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Word_on_Syntax
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; October 2nd, 2017 at 23:48.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information