5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Thread: a nil value

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]

a nil value

Hi All,

I have started a new 5e campaign and also created some new chars within the campaign. Unfortunately when I try to use spells of my wizard I always receive failures like shown in Number (1) and furthermore the char sheet is empty for those spells. If I drag and drop new spells from the phb module to the char, I always get failures like shown in Number (2). If I import the same char into the Manage Char module, then everything is working just well. Last but not least I deleted the campaign and made a new one but still used the same .xml-char-files and imported them. This did not help...

Number (1)
    Script Error: [string "button"]:1: attempt to call field 'performPCPowerAction' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "button"]:1: attempt to call field 'performPCPowerAction' (a nil value)
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.

Number 2
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:96: attempt to call field 'getPCPowerCastActionText' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua"]:51: attempt to call field 'getPCPowerCastActionText' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:96: attempt to call field 'getPCPowerCastActionText' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua"]:51: attempt to call field 'getPCPowerCastActionText' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:102: attempt to call field 'getPCPowerDamageActionText' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua"]:63: attempt to call field 'getPCPowerDamageActionText' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action.lua"]:102: attempt to call field 'getPCPowerDamageActionText' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/power_action_mini.lua"]:63: attempt to call field 'getPCPowerDamageActionText' (a nil value)

Attachment 20571

Any idea where this might come from?
    Thanks for your assistance in advance!

p.s. I have bought the complete 5E bundle and also have an ultimate license.
    Last edited by Waldbaer; September 19th, 2017 at 23:18.

Germany CET time zone [GMT+1/Summer GMT+2]
    Hey guys,

sorry, no need to put energy into that. I found the reason myself: the Effect Targeting Enhancement extension in the newest version (Link) was doing that to the game. I deactivated all extensions that I used and tried to activate them again one by one.

Looks like this is unuseable though...now all works fine again without this extension in place.

Thanks nevertheless and please close the threat.
    Last edited by Waldbaer; September 19th, 2017 at 23:33.

I will just place my nil value messages here.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:391: attempt to index field 'original' (a nil value)
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:391: attempt to index field 'original' (a nil value)

These occurred when a targeted PC with a concentration spell effect ongoing took damage. It also occurred when I opened the map by double-clicking on the token in the CT.

Extensions running:
    • 5E Alternate Wound Colors
    • Colored Sidebar
    • D&D Elemental Evil Desktop Decals
    • Death Indicator 2.0
    • DOE: Base Extension v2.3.1
    • DOE: Sound Extension v3.0
    • Encounter Difficulty Calculator
    • Fantasy Language Fonts
    • GM Icon
    • Hero Points for 5e
    • Moodlighting
    • Theogeek's Improved Critical

I have these token settings toggled:

Token Settings.JPG
    Last edited by poppy_thompson; September 21st, 2017 at 02:49.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

EDIT No 2:
    The error messages only seem to happen when a PC and/or NPC have an effect applied to their token. I removed all extension and it didn't happen. It would seem one or a combination of the above extensions is the culprit.

Death Indicator 2.0 is the winner... or shall we say loser. I really enjoy this little extension!
    Last edited by poppy_thompson; September 21st, 2017 at 03:29. Reason: Discovered the reason.
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by poppy_thompson View Post
    EDIT No 2:
    The error messages only seem to happen when a PC and/or NPC have an effect applied to their token. I removed all extension and it didn't happen. It would seem one or a combination of the above extensions is the culprit.
    Death Indicator 2.0

That's the reason. He's not updated his extension yet. If you use mine it's updated and wont give that error till he has the chance.

His is based on mine, only reason I know this
    Last edited by celestian; September 21st, 2017 at 03:24.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thanks! I didn't see your post until I refreshed my edit about the 'solution'.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    Death Indicator 2.0

That's the reason. He's not updated his extension yet. If you use mine it's updated and wont give that error till he has the chance.

His is based on mine, only reason I know this
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information