DICE PACKS BUNDLE

can a fighter use ghostslayer wihout divine source

hey guys on a debate with my gm and fellow players about this feat. I am playing the fighter (martial master) and seems a good feat to use with martial flexibility in case of ghost or something my fighter cant touch without special weapon enchantment. My GM pulls a decent argument need channel or some form of divine ability. if anyone can find the original meaning when mention spiritual energy. would a fighter without arcane/divine should be able to take this feat when meeting the Prerequisites or not bale to.

Your blade is keen enough to hew incorporeal creatures.

Prerequisite(s): Base attack bonus +1, Knowledge (religion) 1 rank.

Benefit(s): As a swift action, you can imbue a weapon you wield with spiritual energies for 1 round. An imbued weapon damages incorporeal creatures as though it were magical. If the imbued weapon has an enhancement bonus of +2 or greater, it functions as a ghost touch weapon.

A weapon imbued in this way can deal precision damage (such as sneak attack damage) to incorporeal creatures.

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/comba...slayer-combat/
    Availability: Tuesdays and Wednesday
    Time zone: Eastern time. GMT-5 USA
    Ultimate license user

Blog Entries
    From reading the feat, it does not require divine casting so it's fine. After all, even a peasant can call upon the power of their god. Just not in the same way a caster can. That's why it requires (IMO) a rank of divine knowledge. All that needed to use the feat as written is the knowledge of how to invoke such power. Not a divine link/source.

Now, does your GM like the feat and want to allow it? That's a whole different question, sort of. Personally I don't know if I like the feat. But, if a player wants to choose it, then they are not choosing a different feat that might be even more useful. Depends upon the campaign. I tend not to have a lot of incorporeal creatures so this feat wouldn't be very useful. But, if the campaign was all spirits and ghosts, this is probably too powerful.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information