DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last
    This last example is showing the details of a weapon listing from DLR PG. Compared to a listing from the SW PG there are several information fields missing like number of shots, range increments, min str and ROF yet it would seem these data elements are held somewhere in the listing as dragging the weapon onto a PC inventory will then display them albeit with the missing ranged weapon status.

2018-01-07 (2).jpg

Didnt seem to want to attach screenshot to last post for some reason- trying again

All of the issues you mentioned are because you have out-dated version of the DLR PG module. Can you check that you don't have unzipped version of the module in your FG AppData modules folder? If you do, this would prevent you from using the most updated version that updater provides.

One another reason for you having the out-dated version that the most updated version is not provided by the FG updater yet. I will be asking Smiteworks about this

In the latest version of DLR PG I have following information:
    dlr_colt-paterson.jpg
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks Ikael- appreciate your efforts- seems like the issue has already been sorted then, just need to get hold of the latest version of DLR PG. I checked for unzipped copies as you suggest but just the normal mod files to be found in appdata folder- DLR PG file was originally showing as last modified back in October- I deleted the whole mod file, ran the updater and it downloaded a fresh version on live channel- file now dated from today but whatever version it is, still has the same issue.
    2018-01-07 (3).jpg

The info in the version you are running looks to be spot on- all I need to work out now is how to get myself a copy- if I switch back to test channel would the newer version stick if I roll straight back to live or will it just reset to the live version in which case am I just best waiting for Smiteworks to update the updater? In the middle of running a campaign right now and had reverted to the live version in theory to minimise my players getting exposed to bugs although I realise sometimes the bugs get fixed some time in advance via test channel before they feed through to live. Apart from possible data loss issues from switching back and forth between modes it also takes my players an age to update everything to the correct channel at the start of the game if I have switched development modes so I really want to stick with one or the other for running the actual game.

The latest version is AMAZING! Some wonderful improvements.

Possible Bug: The Bonus Damage Die doesn't seem to automatically light up (in the lower left of the screen) upon hitting a targeted NPC with a raise. However, the actual dice rolling DOES add the proper bonus damage die (so it does work mechanically--the important thing). Is this something on my end or does it not automate for other people using the ruleset as well?

Quote Originally Posted by chillybilly View Post
    The latest version is AMAZING! Some wonderful improvements.
    Thank you, there are still more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by chillybilly View Post
    Possible Bug: The Bonus Damage Die doesn't seem to automatically light up (in the lower left of the screen) upon hitting a targeted NPC with a raise. However, the actual dice rolling DOES add the proper bonus damage die (so it does work mechanically--the important thing). Is this something on my end or does it not automate for other people using the ruleset as well?
    That's not a bug, it's a design choise. If you use targeting, then you have noticed that attack results are rendered to CT and it will indicate if attack was raise or not. In case of raise the damage bonus is enabled against the targeted foe. GM or player does not need to enable the desktop damage bonus icon version anymore, it's there to force damage roll to use damage bonus (and for those who prefer not to use targeting).

sw_damagebonus.jpg
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Thank you for the answer! I'm sorry. Coming from the old version that lit up, I thought it was just a bug. Me and my old world way of thinking! The attack results in the CT thing is AWESOME, by the way.

Re. +damage die. To be fair to Chillybilly it also caused quite some confusion with my players at first the way it is implemented. Unless you are up with the forums it does look at the moment like it needs manually clicking each time at first glance. Not sure if it is technically possible though to have both ie for it to light up in sympathy with the raise indicator in the combat tracker to reassure the newcomers. I would also just like to throw in another quick plug for a development idea I posted regarding the manually activated +dam die which would be to allow it to apply a +1d6 to ANY roll. This is a mechanic that so far I have found impossible to implement presently when players in deadlands play special red blue and legendary forms of a bennie. I realise this is a setting specific issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by dikdastard View Post
    Re. +damage die. To be fair to Chillybilly it also caused quite some confusion with my players at first the way it is implemented. Unless you are up with the forums it does look at the moment like it needs manually clicking each time at first glance. Not sure if it is technically possible though to have both ie for it to light up in sympathy with the raise indicator in the combat tracker to reassure the newcomers. I would also just like to throw in another quick plug for a development idea I posted regarding the manually activated +dam die which would be to allow it to apply a +1d6 to ANY roll. This is a mechanic that so far I have found impossible to implement presently when players in deadlands play special red blue and legendary forms of a bennie. I realise this is a setting specific issue though.
    The reason why I removed desktop damage bonus highlighting is the case that if you targeted multiple opponents, managed to get few successes and one raise, in old way the damage bonus would be highlighted but you might be rolling damage against wrong opponent. This new approach knows to apply damage bonus against the correct opponent. I have left to button to desktop for now but have plans to get rid of the confusion with new design in v4.6.

The +1dX to any die roll is also in my todo list because Flash Gordon uses similar approach.

The Fantasy Companion has some tables that have bugs and some other ones in them. PEG updated some of the tables and other information awhile back and made replacement pages for them in a PDF. The Guts skill was removed on various tables now that had it, those tables got redone. (That was the biggest change, but as I said some other things were changed too.)

The Update PDF link is bellow if anyone needs it and in case the bug report got lost.

https://www.peginc.com/wp-content/up...p_Update-1.pdf

Thread Information