5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Rappan Athuk coming to Fantasy Grounds?

So, I've been a longtime fan of Necromancer Games/Frog God Games. Their stuff almost always feels like the old school adventures I enjoy to play and DM....so when I watched a video of theirs on Facebook about maps they are working on for Rappan Athuk I suggested "Please work with Smiteworks and get RA into FG Module system!" and to my surprise Zack replied with ..."We are way ahead of you" and "Smiteworks is totally on it".

The video and conversation took place on Facebook here. (hopefully the link works).

So... yeah, woot!

Honestly I'll be happy even with a 5e version of it because then all I have to do is duplicate the encounters and loot for each room for AD&D... and that's hella easier than the entire thing!
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

We have some pre-release Rappan Athuk support from Frog God Games for FG Con 11. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post353532
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    We have some pre-release Rappan Athuk support from Frog God Games for FG Con 11. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post353532
    Thanks for the link, didn't see that.

I think I've bought every single version of RA they've released...I thought with the S&W version (plus PDF) I'd never buy another one (it's compatible with AD&D) but now they gone and added maps... and FG support.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Woot!! Happy, happy, joy, joy!! FGG / Necromancer Games has always been my favorite 3rd party. I too have all the RA versions and will get this one!!

That's interesting, I wasn't aware that they're testing out the new maps, I'll send a mail for a one-shot given that I already run it.

Hey Trenloe

If you would like to run some 3PP sessions at FG Con 11 please email us at [email protected] and we'll sort it out for you!

What is 3PP? Three people? 3rd edition pathfinder? Guess I'm not up on on the lingo
    ---

Blog Entries
    Third-Party Publishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Third-Party Publishers.
    *Slaps forehead* DUH!

Thanks
    ---

Yes, the plan is to have Rappan Athuk be available on Fantasy Grounds. In addition to the VTT maps, we will be kickstarting the 5e version of Rappan Athuk later this year or in the first part of 2018. The plan is definitely for a 5e version and high probability of the Pathfinder version to make its way to FG but I'm not able to talk timeline on that. Who knows, if someone ever finishes the S&W ruleset he was working on, there might even be a S&W version of RA, but that is just speculation at the moment.
    Patrick

Ultimate License Holder
    Currently Running (rotating home campaigns): Hobgoblins, Orcs, and Kobolds, Oh My! (5E), The Enemy Within (WFRP)
    Currently Playing: Castle Zagyg (Labyrinth Lord), The Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun (AD&D)

Oh nice, I have the black fake leather bound edition of this dungeon and was thinking of trying to convert it for use in my Kingmaker game, have it in the swamp, but this is even better.

Thread Information