FG Spreadshirt Swag

View Poll Results: What would you like to see me doing next?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ruleset and related product development for new features and improvements

18 47.37%
  • Revise existing modules such as Deluxe/core and Companion modules as Reference Manual

10 26.32%
  • Create tutorial module how to use the ruleset

8 21.05%
  • Something else, write to thread

2 5.26%
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    If someone is remastering older modules, they should hammer PEG to provide better graphic resources. I have found free map packs from PEG with better resolutions than those provided in PDFs/FG products (granted, not a huge improvement, but 15% better is 15% better). There is way too much complacency about illegible maps, blurry blocked-up 1993 quality level graphics, and a host of other visual distractions.

TBH, you probably won't have to hammer them about it since, in my experience, they are very accommodating if you ask them if they have any higher resolution resources available. Just a quick email to Clint, Jodi or Shane will likely get you what you need. My guess as to why they aren't that good in the pdf files probably has a lot to more to do with whatever size limitations they have decided (or possibly that some of their vendors have decided) are appropriate for their pdf files than anything else. That's just my speculation, though, I couldn't say for sure.
    Lenny Zimmermann
    Metairie, LA

Quote Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
    TBH, you probably won't have to hammer them about it since, in my experience, they are very accommodating if you ask them if they have any higher resolution resources available. Just a quick email to Clint, Jodi or Shane will likely get you what you need. My guess as to why they aren't that good in the pdf files probably has a lot to more to do with whatever size limitations they have decided (or possibly that some of their vendors have decided) are appropriate for their pdf files than anything else. That's just my speculation, though, I couldn't say for sure.
    I do hope that is the way it goes. But I know that they sell a legible map of the DLR Weird West for $4 which causes me to see red every time I look at the map included with DLR core. In fairness, it is way way more than legible - what is missing is the middle ground.

Blog Entries
    We don't even have to ask PEG for them; they provide the art assets to SmiteWorks. All we have to do is request them from @Lokiare and he puts them in our DropBoxes. That's part and parcel of the licensing agreement. Going rogue and contacting [insert publisher here] on your own could take longer, because who are you?

Color-me increasingly hopeful for a 'HD' remix of the old stuff then!

Blog Entries
    Maybe. SmiteWorks doesn't mind remasters, in fact I was highly encouraged to do the C&C remasters on my queue by them. But by the same token, they don't want to draw attention to them so when a remaster hits the store, it is forcibly back-dated so that it doesn't show up on the front page. Which means any chances of new sales just dropped precipitously. Not that we're doing this for the money at all, but still, when it ends up being purely a volunteer job... that reduces the possibility anyone will bother putting the time and effort in.

I was going to offer to add The Flood to my queue to remaster, but the actual dev came back recently and it doing a fix of the NPCs. Not an actual remaster though, but it'll be playable.

Thread Information