STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: ToA New Map

ToA New Map

We have been given permission to include Mike Schley's Complete map of Chult in ToA. This map comes without a baked in grid and place names and adds another option for the DM for the exploration aspect of the adventure.

Obviously the original map is way too big but I have been able to include it as big as I can manage with as high a quality as I can manage without breaking too many limits. I've also been able to include an FG grid on it which is something I failed to achieve with the other player maps of Chult.

DMs now have a total of three or four options as to how to handle the exploration of Chult and this new map will inevitably enhance the player experience as well. So look out for an update to ToA soon. You'll find complete details of the changes in the 'Using this module in Fantasy Grounds' Story entry.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Nice! Thanks for working to improve an already great module

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I had actually already grabbed his map and resized it to use. I masked out the area that is unknown and will unmask as they travel. If they get lost, I will only unlock once they make their checks and become "unlost"

Any update on this?

Did it not go out with the patch?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It may have, I just didn't see it in the patch notes are an update bulletin anywhere. I will check when I get home.

As far as I can tell, the maps are still the same as they were prior to the update. I'm looking forward to a map with a grid on it since one of my players has a hard time seeing the pin on the player map (might be a color blindness issue, not sure). I tried putting a token on the map, but since there is no grid set up, the token doesn't scale properly when zooming in and out. Also having a gridded map will allow me to put tokens across the entirety of the map and remove them like you can do with the Roll 20 version of the maps. Hope it gets put in the game soon!

PS Of course it could be in already and I'm just missing it in the links, so if I am, please let me know where I can find it!

No, I checked this morning (I was on my tablet last night so I couldn't check) and the new version didn't go out with the patch. I've asked that inestimable chap Moon Wizard if it can be released soon since it seems to have been missed with all the excitement of the new update.

And, yes, I am absolutely with you on the token thing. I did make the token that I created for the party's location to fit into the baked in grid but as you say when you zoom in and out it doesn't scale. The new map should suit you right down to the ground.

That's what I'm hoping! Thanks again!

Did this ever get resolved? My module says there are 3 players maps but I only have 2 and a handout. Where is this full map?

Thread Information