DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    VenomousFiligree

Base value for new skill

I've managed to create a new skill, but can't seem to adjust the base value. Any ideas?

How have you created the new skill? In an extension? Or manually within a PC using the FG interface?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

VenomousFiligree
    Using the in-game method of creating a new skill.

I don't know how to set a base skill value, short of editing the campaign db.xml after the skill is added.

Unfortunately, the CoC 7th edition ruleset (which is what I'm assuming you're using) code isn't available to review/easily modify like other rulesets. So it relies on direct feedback from the ruleset developers themselves if code review/changes are needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

VenomousFiligree
    Thanks Trenloe

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousFiligree View Post
    I've managed to create a new skill, but can't seem to adjust the base value. Any ideas?
    There's no way currently to do this, but you can add the base skill points to the "Spent" column. I will make the Base field editable for the added skills in the next release.

I am toying with the idea of having a new data type for skills and allow the creation of new skills through a new sidebar option. This would allow the addition of a description and setting the base value. I could then add a link to the skills in the list to show the details, including the description.

If you like that idea, please comment on the enhancements thread.

Thread Information