DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus21 View Post
    Hello,

I do the work around as suggested (turning off modules from the module manager to lookup data) and it imports the characters....sort of (I get an error seen below if I leave it on). Powers are there for example, but blank. Items are there, but have no attributes. Etc. I thought maybe I could use my own modules using 'Manage Modules', but there isn't a selection for 4E. Anyone solve this? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

When I leave turning off modules from the module manager to lookup data turned on:
    ----Conversion Results----
    Could not convert Dagmara: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
    at CharacterConverter.CharConverter.SearchModules(Xml Node characterNode)
    at CharacterConverter.CharConverter.ConvertButton_Cli ck(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    I haven't found a way to convert and import a character into FG so that it's just perfect. As you say, there is always a lot to be 'fixed', but the conversion and import gives you a good start. What you can do if you have the 4e data as modules (parsed from the DDI online compendium) is you can load that data and drag+drop powers, feats etc into your character and they're there then.
    Skills still need a lot of fiddling and with me the combat tab with weapons and implements needs complete overhaul, but it can be done.

BTW, good to hear someone else is into 4e
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Thank you for the reply! It seems weird, when I watch old Matt Colville Tutorials on it, things import way better. It seems functionality should get better, not worse.Just thought I must be doing something wrong.

And yes, I have always liked 4E (shameful, I know). My group is doing 4.5E with some fixes though.

Loving 4e is (to me) nothing to be ashamed of. Yeah I watched the same tutorials half a year ago when I started with FG, I always figured I had my modules sorted differently, by content, not source... maybe that's why it can't find stuff.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Thread Information