DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Trouble importing 4e DND character from DDI

It errors out saying that Armor of sacrafice... something about the key was not preesnt in the dictionary?

Can you post the DDI character file you are trying to import?

Thanks,
    JPG

I dont see an option to attach file...

On my phone, so going from memory. I think you click Go Advanced when replying, and there is a Manage Attachments button in the details below response.

Regards,
    JPG

sorry thats not an option.

I looked no option to attach file.

The "Manage Attachment" button mentioned by Moon Wizard is quite far down the page opened when you click the "Go Advanced" button - below the reply window.

Or, you can click the following (after clicking "Go Advanced"):

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Or, if you're still having problems attaching the file, then you can send an email to [email protected] with the file attached.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by hullhawk View Post
    It errors out saying that Armor of sacrafice... something about the key was not preesnt in the dictionary?
    I have the same problem everytime. Here's how I solved it and it has worked for me ever since:

When you open the FG Char Converter, there's a field saying 'Output Options' with five lines that you can check or uncheck.

Use local xslt for file conversion (if available).
    Use modules from module manager to lookup data.
    Add class features as powers
    Add feats as powers
    Add item properties as powers

Usually (with me) only the second line is checked by default. UNCHECK THAT. Then it should work. WHat I usually do is check the first, NOT the second, but the third, fourth and fifth, as powers are easily and quickly deleted if you don't need them (two clicks = 2 seconds), but adding them in is a bit more work (about 30 seconds if you know what you're doing)

Anyway, hope that helps. Just remember to always uncheck that option when you convert a character, the FG converter doesn't seem to save your settings.
    To err is human.
    To arrrr is pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Or, if you're still having problems attaching the file, then you can send an email to [email protected] with the file attached.

Regards,
    JPG
    Quote Originally Posted by Llyle View Post
    I have the same problem everytime. Here's how I solved it and it has worked for me ever since:

When you open the FG Char Converter, there's a field saying 'Output Options' with five lines that you can check or uncheck.

Use local xslt for file conversion (if available).
    Use modules from module manager to lookup data.
    Add class features as powers
    Add feats as powers
    Add item properties as powers

Usually (with me) only the second line is checked by default. UNCHECK THAT. Then it should work. WHat I usually do is check the first, NOT the second, but the third, fourth and fifth, as powers are easily and quickly deleted if you don't need them (two clicks = 2 seconds), but adding them in is a bit more work (about 30 seconds if you know what you're doing)

Anyway, hope that helps. Just remember to always uncheck that option when you convert a character, the FG converter doesn't seem to save your settings.
    Yes i figured that out. I have to edit the character sheets quite a bit to get them to work . but it doesn't take too long.

Hello,

I do the work around as suggested (turning off modules from the module manager to lookup data) and it imports the characters....sort of (I get an error seen below if I leave it on). Powers are there for example, but blank. Items are there, but have no attributes. Etc. I thought maybe I could use my own modules using 'Manage Modules', but there isn't a selection for 4E. Anyone solve this? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

When I leave turning off modules from the module manager to lookup data turned on:
    ----Conversion Results----
    Could not convert Dagmara: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
    at CharacterConverter.CharConverter.SearchModules(Xml Node characterNode)
    at CharacterConverter.CharConverter.ConvertButton_Cli ck(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Thread Information