DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    FG License: Ultimate
    Time Zone: Pacific (US West Coast)
    Weeknights 7pm to 11pm (Excluding Thursdays and Fridays) Weekends 10am to 11pm. As you can tell, very open schedule right now. Looking to add one serious weekly group to my GM rotation. If you are enthusiastic, could run multiple times per week.
    Term: Full adventure path or module
    Voice: We will be using voice chat of some sort.

Game System Preferred: 5E or Pathfinder
    Game System Experience: I DM a weekly work group and 5E AL play as well as play in a Pathfinder group.

Modules/Paths I have prep'd:
    5E - Lost Mines of Phandelver, Red Hand of Doom (3.5E converted to 5E), all of Yawning Portal
    Pathfinder - Rise of the Runelords, Hell's Vengeance

Essentially, if there's any AP/module the group wants to play, I'm willing to pick it up and prep it provided folks are serious.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: I use FG to run the weekly group, but haven't played online with it yet. There will be some growing pains there, but shouldn't be too bad.

My dream group: The Glass Cannon Podcast Crew, but happy to run with first-timers too.

My work is mentally draining, and I use D&D and Pathfinder to escape. Because it's my primary hobby, I do take it pretty seriously; however, I believe a DM's job is to help the party enjoy themselves while coloring within the lines of the rules. If the group wants to be a bit less in the grit and grime of fantasy combat, and just come to blow off some steam, that's acceptable as well. I'd love to have a rewarding mix. Intense moments of concentration and focus, where there's a true sense of peril, but maybe some gallows humor to keep it at least somewhat upbeat. No one person should steal the show, but everyone should leave feeling like the spotlight was on their character at certain times so they can grow and the emergent story can proceed.

Prepping content is a part-time job. I don't expect people to be 100% in the zone for a potentially 6+ hour session, but don't sign up for this game if you can't make it a priority for the time we all set aside to play. That being said, I'm totally open if the group knows each other to make accommodations for a person who need to multi-task. Sometimes the only way someone can get in a group is to juggle kids, pets, and adulting with the game. They might not get as much love from the story, but at least they can roll with the group and feel connected. This can't apply to the whole group though.

Also, unless it's a group that knows each other and is extremely comfortable, keep the humor and roleplay tasteful. Seduce a guard to further a mission, fine. Live out your Casanova dreams while everyone else cringes, not fine. No meta-gaming. No telling other players how to play their characters (unless they are asking for help).
    Right here

Brand New Player, I would love to Join you guys if you wouldn't Mind show me the ropes, Very Fast Learner btw

I would be interested in this game of 5E. I can only play on Tuesdays or Wednesdays due to my work schedule. this would only be in the time frames of 4am-6PM(CST) though.

I hope to hear from you and have a great day.

Thread Information