5E Character Create Playlist

View Poll Results: Would you back a Patreon/Kickstarter campaign for Smiteworks to improve/update FG?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely

48 54.55%
  • No

17 19.32%
  • Depends (comment below)

23 26.14%
Page 5 of 5 First ... 345
    Absolutely.

As someone who is anxiously awaiting FGU, I'd be happy to put my money where my mouth is.

Glad to see that "Yes, definitely" is at over 55% and "Maybe" at 23%. That's 79% who would either do it or at least consider it. Definitely indicates a lot of interest to me.

Depends ...

On what in particular is involved. In general, I'm keen to support the product, so I'm almost a "yes".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dglinder View Post
    Well, as for the "lifetime support" for rulesets, that depends on which ruleset. The D&D sets clearly get the most development work, which is not surprising and fair enough since clearly they are most popular. Other rulesets, such as RMC, get no more support than this forum and zero money on development/improvement, so to say "lifetime support" is a little inaccurate.

I agree completely about that. Rulesets are definitely a little different than the underlying application in that they only really need to be written once and then can have relatively modest resources devoted to bug fixing and minor improvements.
    Moon Wizard updates a lot of rulesets other than 5e every time there is an update to the engine or to CoreRPG. Might not be adding new features but is still supporting them.

My answer has to be depends.... too many unknown factors to consider at this point.

I can see Kickstarters to fund new rule sets with the promise of extra modules...etc as mile stones working.....

A kickstarter for FGU not so much. Yes a free upgrade is good and i would possible contribute to it to speed the process along for FGU. I suppose early access to FGU could also be dangled carrot.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

No. I chunked down a solid bit of cash for an Ultimate license and more for the modules and rulesets I've purchased, and did so with the understanding that the fairly steep entry cost included ongoing support for software.

These poll threads are very irritating. Every time someone votes it shows up unread.

Closing thread. I may start closing poll threads after a month exactly for that reason.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information