5E Character Create Playlist

Yawning Portal Play Time

With Extra Life coming in a few months, I am gauging interest in my local area for a D&D marathon in a similar fashion to Mario Marathon. Essentially people can "buy" time for D&D by donating to my Extra Life. I intend to run Tales from the Yawning Portal for as long as I have donations, and I just wanted to get a feel for about how long each module takes.

I know individual groups' success and speed will vary. I've run the Sunless Citadel several times with relatively similar results. I also plan on running a lot of the game "on rails" to keep the party from spending too much time idly purchasing potions and other equipment. This will hopefully help save some time. I've run the first half of Forge of Fury, but never any of the other adventures.

The Sunless Citadel - 6 hours
    The Forge of Fury - 6-8 hours?
    The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan - 6 hours?
    White Plume Mountain - 6 hours?
    Dead in Thay - ??? This one is probably too big for my marathon. Seriously this is one huge dungeon.
    Against the Giants - ???
    Tomb of Horrors - ???

I'll adjust estimates as people weigh in. Suggestions for keeping things brief and fast-paced are welcome as well. Thanks for any and all help!
    Last edited by DMDaddy0; September 12th, 2017 at 03:21.

Bumping this post since it didn't get much traffic last time. I think it's because I didn't pick a very good title and I think maybe people were put off by it. The main issue at hand is the play time of the Yawning Portal adventures, not so much the Extra Life thing.

DMDaddyO, most non-DMs don't even want to pay for a license for FG, so I really doubt you will see any funds from folks to play in your game. That is why you didn't get any hits.

He's not asking for funds he's asking how long it takes to run the adventures.

To date I've only managed the Sunless Citadel to completion and I think it took 4/5 sessions of 3/4 hours per session. Half way through Forge of Fury and it has probably taken the same sort of time to get that far.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    DMDaddyO, most non-DMs don't even want to pay for a license for FG, so I really doubt you will see any funds from folks to play in your game. That is why you didn't get any hits.
    Yes, I didn't intend on this being a request for donations, rather I was including that information just for context. If you notice in the OP, I mentioned that I was planning this event in my local area. I attempted to change the title of the thread, but just changed the title of the OP instead. Sorry if this caused any confusion.

I changed it for you.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    I can't help as I haven't played or run any of them, sorry

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

My group's run through The Sunless Citadel took 4 sessions of 3 hours each. One of those sessions was a combo session 0 with character creation and the start of the adventure in town up to the citadel itself, so probably 11 hours to complete once we got rolling. My group's adventure through the Forge of Fury will finish tomorrow. It's taken us about 6 sessions to get through.

Thread Information