DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Isle of Dread conversion to 5E

Hi all,
    I am building a 5E module of "Isle of Dread" . But before I get too far along was wondering if there is one already made I could purchase ? I spent a long time converting "The Sunless Citadel" to 5e module and when finished out came "Tales from the Yawning Portal " and there it was.. lol if I had know in advance it would have saved me a lot of time.

In any case I have purchased the adventure pdf and the conversion guide from dm guild and am ready to start building now but thought I should ask first ..

thanx in advance ..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Blog Entries
    I am not aware of anything official. Maybe check the DM's guild (dmsguild.com), someone might have posted something there.

Blog Entries
    The incoming Tomb of Annihilation is part Tomb of Horrors, part Dwellers of the Forbidden City, and part Isle of Dread...

Blog Entries
    See if this helps:
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/201...le-of-Dread-5e

It's just a conversion guide so you need the original module, but it could be a useful reference.

Blog Entries
    Given the way these are created/licensed, I don't think anyone can put together a useful FG module of one and distribute it. The 5E conversion guides require you to have the original print or PDF version for maps and flavor text etc. Which means that their is no license (either OGL or DMsG license) that allows you to re-distribute the original artwork or maps.

So, an FG module of one of these conversions, to be useful, would need the maps and at least some of the text, and therefore are protected and we wouldn't be able to share. Kind of a bummer, but if you have the original and buy the conversion guide, modules for your own use aren't too hard and time consuming to make. If you have questions on how, just ask

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for all the replies.. I have purchased the pdf and the conversion guide.. Since nothing "Official " is for sale ill build the module for my own consumption.. and of course adding in my own ideas for the adventure..
    This is going to be a fun one to run ..

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Thread Information