DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Clock extension

Clock extension

I have searched the forums but can't find anything like this. What I would like to see is a clock extension that integrates with the combat tracker. So for example, if the players say they are going to search a room for 10 minutes, I run the clock ahead 10 minutes and the duration on effects and spells decreases. Knowing the general time of day or night would also be helpful. Has something like this been made already and I am just using bad search terms?

I tried using the Golarion calendar for Pathfinder, but the clock is always set to midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    I tried using the Golarion calendar for Pathfinder, but the clock is always set to midnight.
    Use CTRL+Mouse-Wheel to change the clock.

See "Set Time" in the Calendar page of the Wiki User Guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Calendar
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If you are running a ruleset based off CoreRPG, you should be able to right click on the "advance round" button (lower right of the CT) and select a number of rounds to advance. It will run effects and decrease durations for the the number of rounds you select.

The calendar doesn't seem to be linked to the effects in the combat tracker. The advance rounds thing should work for relatively small durations and the short rest option is good for knocking off 50 rounds. For longer times, I guess I can subtract them manually, I doubt there will be a lot running at once.

If you want to be able to run down effects which have an effect time of 1 hour or greater then you'll need to convert the hours into rounds and enter that into the CT. FG does not decrement durations measured in anything greater than rounds.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

You can make a widget that listens to wheel events for scrolling up/down with a visual cue that then responds to a click to advance hours/minutes set.

So I noticed that when I set the clock it doesn't go on it's own. So you basically have to set the time manually like every hour? That could get tedious in certain situations.

Welcome to the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangra69 View Post
    So I noticed that when I set the clock it doesn't go on it's own. So you basically have to set the time manually like every hour?
    The reason for this is because "in game time" doesn't move the same as "real time" (out of game time). A combat can take 1 hour (or more) of real time, but only be less than a minute of in game time. Or searching a room may take 30 minutes of in game time, but is handled by a single die roll in real time. Hence why the time in the calendar needs to be adjusted manually by the GM. My recommendation would be that, unless you are playing a scenario where every minute counts, you only adjust the time in broad strokes - sun rises: set the time to 7am (or whenever sunrise is); midday: set the time to 12:00 noon; evening: set the time to 6pm or something similar.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

If what you’re looking for is a real-time countdown timer that will keep a consistent count for all users on any browser or device, try this (which I have used in a recent adventure). It’s not integrated into FG but the link can be shared via FG:

Shareable online countdown timer:
    https://www.piliapp.com/timer/countdown/

Thread Information