STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Order Tab, Marching Order...

Hi all,

Could you tell me what is the purpose to the order tab in the party sheet ?

How could we use it ? Is it possible to "drag and drop" what this tab contains in a battle maps ?

Thanks,
    Smoltok
    Ultimate Licence 4.0.10
    French Player
    Using FG since September 2016, FGU since Septembre 2020
    with following extensions : Advanced Effets, All Automatic Effect by rob2e, Coin Weight, Constitutional Amendments,
    Roll for Initiative, Death indicators, Battlestats, Alternative Wound Colors,
    Dice Color Changer, Local Dice Tower

Blog Entries
    Its so that the party can determine their marching order at that time so when the GM determines that the trap hits the 3rd person or the assault begins on the left hand side that the players have declared their positions already... and the arguments should be... null and void.

There is no automation for it. You can't drag anything to have FG place the PCs on a map in the shown marching order unfortunately.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

The idea is that you're supposed to drag from the left column of the order sheet which contains the party members on the party sheet onto the Marching and Formation area. I just tried that in my test Pathfinder campaign, and it appears to be working.

Regards,
    JPG

But can you drag anything from the party sheet to a battlemap to place the tokens in the same orientation?
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

No, it has always been just a simple representation. No linkage to anything else.

Regards,
    JPG

I've always found the "marching order" tab in the party sheet to be more useful for "theater of the mind" style play - if you're using a battle map, the order is on the map already.

Blog Entries
    It's nice to know where the squishies are when you're setting up a new map or a one off encounter though!
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

If it's a wide open battle map (outdoor encounter usually) and there is no clear setup area, I drop the tokens and tell the players to arrange themselves after I give the description of what they see. Then I setup the enemies based on their setup.

Blog Entries
    I use the marching order as a default. So that when I spring an ambush or trap on the party I don't just give them a map and let them set themselves up how they want knowing they are going into combat.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information