STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords - Friday Evenings North American Eastern

FG License: GM has Ultimate. Demo Players welcome
    Game System: Pathfinder

Time Zone: North American Eastern (GMT -5)
    Day of week and time: Friday. 7:30pm to 11:30pm-ish
    Planned start date: Friday, September 8th, 2017. The first session will have the players together to make up their characters and plot out backgrounds and ties between those characters.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Playing Weekly. Sessions will be 4+ hours generally.
    Term: Until the Adventure Path is complete.

Text or Voice: Voice Required
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50, The expectation is that there will be a number of RP opportunities. The adventure will present the characters with a number of different challenges and not all of them are intended to be overcome by combat alone. Players should have well thought out concepts and backgrounds.
    Number of Players in game & needed: We're looking for at least 2 more players to join in. We will not go beyond 7 players in total. 5-6 would be ideal.
    Character starting level & equipment: Starting level will be level 1. Characters will start with max gold. Anything outside stock items will be judged on an individual basis.
    Character restrictions: No firearms, so only the Crossbow archtype for Gunslingers. Races outside of Core Races will need a strong concept/background to be considered. 3rd party sources will generally be disallowed.

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=2722

Hi All,
    I've been playing on Fantasy Grounds for over 2 years now as both a player and a GM. I have played in several Pathfinder games and have been running a Kingmaker game for the past several months so I have some solid experience with the system. I try to run games that have a good mix of both RP and combat and like most the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path provides the potential for a great mix of both. If your primary interest is in hack 'n' slash, tactical simulations, if you are greatly concerned with min/maxing, or if you are very interest in strict interpretation of the rules, if these are the most important things to you to make your gaming experience enjoyable, my game will probably not be for you. If you are interested in a healthy mix of combat and non combat scenes, if you are interested in roleplaying and developing a character and creating a story together, hopefully my style will appeal to you. Players that are new to Fantasy Grounds or Pathfinder are welcome. If you are interested in joining in, please respond to this post or send me a private message with some details about your experience (with Fantasy Grounds and RPGs in general) and what you would like to get out of the game. What's most important to your enjoyment of the game. As well, if you have a basic concept that you're interested in playing, knowing that would be helpful too. Please note that characters will be made during the first game session, with players collaborating to build up a group together. Having a concept in mind is helpful, having some creative notions about directions you might to know are great to share, but please do not be absolutely dead set on exactly what you want to play coming in. A degree of flexibility always helps groups function better.

A couple of other quick notes to bear in mind...
    -I'm not recruiting on a first come, first serve basis. At least not for a long term campaign. I'm looking for players that are going to fit in. That is not necessarily the first person to say that they're interested.
    -If you sign up on the Game Calendar and make no effort to message me or post here, I'm not even going to consider you. When we run campaigns we're making a pretty substantial commitment of time and are asking you to make the same. If I can't tell that you even took the time to read this post, I really have no basis to assume that you're likely to be good with committing 4+ hours a week for the next 6+ months.
    -When you let me know that you're interested, just as is requested above, it's important to give me a little more. What is it that you look for in your gaming experience? What is it about this particular campaign that makes it look like it is worth your time? What type of character is it that you want to play? Are you familiar with Fantasy Grounds? Are you familiar with Pathfinder? There are no wrong answers to any of these questions and I'm not looking for an essay. But I'm looking for fit and just saying 'I'd like to play' doesn't help all that much with that.

----------------------------------------------

Five years after a tragic fire and spate of brutal murders, the people of Sandpoint eagerly anticipate the Swallowtail Festival to commemorate the consecration of the town’s new temple. At the height of the ceremony, disaster strikes! In the days that follow, a sinister shadow settles over Sandpoint. Rumors of goblin armies and wrathful monsters in forgotten ruins have set the populace on edge. As Sandpoint’s newest heroes, the PCs must deal with treachery, goblins, and the rising threat of a forgotten empire whose cruel and despotic rulers might not be as dead as history records.

From the idyllically peaceful coastal town of Sandpoint to an ancient lost city at the top of the world, Rise of the Runelords takes a party of adventurers from 1st to 18th level and delves into the mysteries of Varisia's ancient past. Millennia ago, the powerful empire of Thassilon ruled the land, dominated by despotic runelords who maintained their power through harnessing the power of rune magic. Thought gone forever, the workings of Thassilon are not so far beneath the surface and one of the runelords plans a return to power. Only the brave adventurers stand in his way.
    Last edited by Dkyrn; August 29th, 2017 at 12:45.

3 of the spots are filled. Still looking for another 1-3 players to join in!

-Glitch-
    Last edited by [email protected]; August 29th, 2017 at 00:41.

I'm interested in giving this a shot. I have a bit of Pathfinder experience (one character to level 5 in PFS), lots of old AD&D 2.0 / D&D 3.5 Experience. Interested in trying an Elven Witch, focusing on debuffs. I'm vaguely familiar with Fantasy Grounds from three previous sessions, but still a bit shaky on how the Witch might work in FG. Haven't really nailed down all of the particulars on the Witch character, so I'll probably be a bit shaky on role-playing until I know how she'll work... but a solid mix of role-playing and roll-playing sounds like fun.

Fantasy Grounds Demo version, Discord is installed (headset mic). Have a webcam if needed. Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks for your interest Adigard. I've sent you a PM with some additional details.

I have been playing RPG games (mostly D&D, GURPS, Rolemaster) for the past 20 years and started to use fantasy grounds a few years ago.
    I didn't have a chance to play any pathfinder games yet (only the card game on PC), but I think that it would be a very interesting campaign and a good starting point for me if you don't mind having someone with little knowledge about the pathfinder world.
    I could play in any role to help the party but if possible I am interested in trying a druid shapeshifter.
    I have an ultimate license and the complete D&D bundle, but I am willing to buy the core pathfinder books also.

Hey Zen Master, I have sent you a PM with some additional details.

At this time the game has a full party of characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkyrn View Post
    At this time the game has a full party of characters.
    whoo-hoo!

Looking forward to this group as a debuffer/utility type character that will probably make Dkyrn rip at least a tiny bit of hair out in frustration. the Witch class just feels like a bitch in general

So, as discussed we have a few healing shortcomings but I don't think it's necessarily anything we can't overcome. Once I hit lvl2 I can take Brew Potion, and learn Cure Light Wounds. That will let me make a few CLW potions per day of downtime at roughly 25gp per pot (GMs discretion). It's also possible the town would loan us a few acolytes who may be willing to help me make those CLW potions. We'll also have a Paladin at lvl2 with some Lay on Hands goodness. So for now it's probably just a matter of not dying in encounters

I doubt we could cobble together the cash to afford a CLW Wand at this stage... but we've got some other options.

Thread Information