FG Spreadshirt Swag

Going to College: Need to set up server to host.

I'm going off to college next week, and I need a way to set up my fantasy grounds server so that I can GM for my friends online. I can almost guarantee that I won't be able to modify my network settings to allow for port forwarding. What can I do to set up my server?

Welcome to the forums and FG Community! Look into a VPN, either PureVPN, or there's instructions somewhere to setup your own.

Blog Entries
    Couple of approaches;
    1) You can use Hamachi. This sets up a VPN for your group, all players have to install it. The free version allows something like 5 people.
    2) You can get a PureVPN (or other VPN service) subscription with a fixed IP option. You are the only one who needs to configure this and your players just connect to your VPN IP.
    3) Lease a server and install a VPN application on it. Usually cheaper than PureVPN, but requires more knowledge on your part.

There are threads here on the forum with instructions for all three methods.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

4) Connect to your home router via VPN.

Thanks so much! This is super helpful!

Thanks a million, I'll look into it!

Thread Information