5E Character Create Playlist

Thread: Runtime Error

Runtime Error

Hello everyone, I was just seeing if someone could help me figure out what is going on with my client. This is the first time I have seen this happen since I bought the client. I just joined a game with a few fellows and I can't see some of the maps the DM sends out to us, they are all greyed out. Also my character's picture doesn't show up when I attempt to make it as his photo. My DM sees it and so does the other players. Then I receive a message stating "Runtime Error: desktop: Unable to create window with invalid class (imagedetail : image.id-00023)

Can someone help please!?

Blog Entries
    This is not my area of expertise, but I will see what I can do

There are a couple of suspects I would have;
    - The images being shared by the GM might be larger than recommended. Typically they should be smaller than 2048x2048 pixels.
    - The amount of information shared by the GM might be too much. Open up Task Manager and let us know how much memory FantasyGrounds is using. Also, are you using Windows? And 32 or 64-bit?
    - Maps might be greyed out if the GM has applied a mask to them and has not yet revealed any portions of the map. But, all players should be seeing the same thing. Make sure if he has used a map you zoom out in case you are zoomed in to a small part he has not yet revealed.

Let us know if that helps.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It sounds like perhaps your file permissions are incorrect, or the cache file has been corrupted. Try pressing the nuke button on the Join Game screen in the launcher (right edge), before joining your game next time. This will delete all the cache files, and rebuild them next time you connect.

Regards,
    JPG

I tried to delete cache, but it popped up with "Error during recursive delete Directory: C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/cache Error: (5) Access is denied.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaystewy View Post
    I tried to delete cache, but it popped up with "Error during recursive delete Directory: C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/cache Error: (5) Access is denied.
    Sounds like you will need to change the permissions on the folder. Right Mouse > Properties > Security then grant yourself Full Control

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome! So with using FG with Steam, you have to right click Steam and Run as Admin. Thanks yall for all the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaystewy View Post
    Awesome! So with using FG with Steam, you have to right click Steam and Run as Admin. Thanks yall for all the help!
    No, this isn't the ideal solution. See number 1 on that post Trenloe linked. Your data files are being stored in ProgramData rather than the recommended \Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information