Starfinder Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last

Blog Entries
    I have the most retarded schedule on the planet which means so far the only times I actually get to play anything on FG is during FG Con twice a year. And 99% of the games welcome new players and new users. It's a wonderful thing.

Blog Entries
    Game times during FG Con and FG Daze are all around the clock. There are numerous GM's in Australia, Asia, North & South America and Europe. Probably places I didn't list too! So it's a great time to find a one-shot in a time slot that works for you. No commitment other than the single (occasionally some games are multi-part during the Con) session so it can be just how ever many games you have time for that weekend.

Almost every game is open to those new to the system and to FG too. I've played game systems that I otherwise would have never tried (Savage World and Cthulu) and other than reading some basics beforehand, no problem. Most games use pre-generated characters, so you don't have that to worry about either.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

We need to get a GM onto the ISS, that would be cool.

Nylanfs
    Just buy everything ins the store, problem solved.
    Yeah, thats it isnt it.

Done or rather "done last night". Looked over it and pleased with the descision.

No more nagging about that in this thread from me.

How do you actually go about signing up and joining the games with people you don't know? Where do you actually see there is a game, what ruleset the games will be and if you are allowed to be a newb or not?

About the sample adventure. I read the tutorial and I ran the story with me as both DM and player. I almost managed to kill myself, well done me It was very good experience for me and would be for anyone new, I think. The ease with the automation is major for me to choose 5e to DM. I got some issues with targetting, but rolling straight to CT I find I can just ignore it for the time being. I'll probably solve my targetting issues once I set my mind to it.

Now it is time to be creative and set up a session. I feel well equipped for it.

Thanks all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardragon7 View Post
    How do you actually go about signing up and joining the games with people you don't know? Where do you actually see there is a game, what ruleset the games will be and if you are allowed to be a newb or not?
    It is usually best/easiest to check out the LFG forum and post in whatever thread looks promising and if they have a link to the game calendar entry, to them sign-up there as well. You can just check out the game calendar (note, times on the dashboard are UTC, times once you go into the list are adjusted to your profile time), but you should contact the GM as well if you do that.

For FG Con, the FG con website has a signup calendar that will be populated when we get closer to the Con.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    It is usually best/easiest to check out the LFG forum and post in whatever thread looks promising and if they have a link to the game calendar entry, to them sign-up there as well. You can just check out the game calendar (note, times on the dashboard are UTC, times once you go into the list are adjusted to your profile time), but you should contact the GM as well if you do that.
    The Fantasy Grounds Discord server also has a #looking_for_group channel.

However, all the solutions are still dependent upon GMs and Players bothering to check them, and having a game going when you are available. Finding a group is difficult online, just like face to face groups.

I had read that there were games going, yeah. The times looked like a challenge for a family man in GMT +1

I do not expect our gaming sessions to go around the clock, even if we have a much better chance now online, than in RL. Meaning I will have time as a player as well.

I will definetly be looking for someone to play with as a PC. I do not want to be a complete newb however, when I look for these games, I am certain there is a certain level of knowledge expected of a gamer
    Another good way to test out the game systems is to keep an eye on the LFG forum as you can find a decent variety of games in there; allowing you "the player" to see how each works and what might be best for your group.

I had read that there were games going, yeah. The times looked like a challenge for a family man in GMT +1
    It might not mean much, however reading you are from GMT+1, there is plenty of localized Pathfinder material available in German (284 products), offered by Ulisses -> https://www.ulisses-spiele.de/produkte/icons/

Should be enough to keep you busy for awhile...

I have ran a few games now and getting really into it.

Using Dungeon Painter Studio and Syrinscape and my games are starting to really become what I wanted from fantasy grounds.

I have a question in regards to Syringscape and the sound.

My player get a popup to go to Appstore and get something,(but there is nothing to get, greyed out OK) when I play a sound I have added as a link. Anyone know anything about that? An example is I do a GROWL from a fantasy grounds link, out of syrinscape, then he gets a pop up. When I play a persistant soundsetup as a link he does not.

I probably will have to take this to Syrinscape, but I thought maybe you guys might know it.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

I am getting help with the sound related issue in Syrinscape.

New session and a few more questions have come up.

1. I can see a need to hide my pointers. Like I would want to check distances, dragon breath areas and other AOE, without the players knowing about it. Using the pointers fucntion. Is there a way to hide pointers from players as a DM?

2. The ingame masking function is alright. Is there an extension or other function that clears fog of war based on a characters vision? I am thinking it could be possible with the "set grid" as a base, potential problem I guess with things you cant see through. What I am having them do is cone up their vision and use it to look places, and that way ease up the counting of the DM I'd appreciate some pointers and tips around this kind of exploring and vision on largish overland maps.
    Example to the above two dwarfs stealthing across a hill region they know is littered with stealthed goblins, trying to pick them out, with a 60' darkvision on both sides. I think I'd like the FOW to keep going around you while player moves his vision and that an explored area would look like the DM side when masked for the player. Anyho, any tips would be appreciated.

3. Editting in a third question. I have Map Align. Still, I create a map in DP Studio and I make it gridless. It seems to me the grid is to weak in color default in FG, can I make it easier to see in fantasy grounds, maybe make it darker? I can get proper dark black with map align, but then I cant get the grids to fit unless I fiddle very much with it. Since it seems I still gotta set the grid in FG to take the movement, pointers etc into account with the correct distances I might as well skip the map align fiddling step I have if I could just get more color to grid. Any tips? In relation I can see that a 50 pixel square from Map align fits well with a size 70 in FG.

4.Another edit. I can force a player to put down a movement then get me as a DM to accept his move, handy to see movement spent, and path they take. Can a DM do that to himself? Right now I am just moving the enemies square by square so the players can see monster movement. When a player moves he'll just follow the path when I accept it and it looks better visually to the player. Basically I would want to set a path as DM, mind invisible to players, and when I accept the move, they will see the monster movement as it slides forward. It is easy enough to count this out, but it looks better when the monster slides along a path, contrary to just arriving at my destination along with a explanation.

Thank you very much in advance
    Last edited by Mardragon7; September 12th, 2017 at 12:44.

Thread Information