STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Also, he should make sure that his network is set to private. It normally doesn't affect a player, but his A/V might be more restrictive on public networks than it is on private networks.
    I'll let him know this comment. I'm not sure what would be involved - but then again, I don't use Kaspersky. By chance, has anyone here got Kaspersky to where they know what, if anything, needs to be done?

The only reason I'm questioning whether its his antivirus or not, is that when he shut down his Defender and his Antivirus - he still couldn't connect. We'll try the DMZ test tomorrow I'd imagine, as the guy whose machine this is on, isn't mine.

I have had problems with someone else trying to connect to my machine in the past, and I had to fiddle with McAfee a bit and get the settings for my port forwarding tweaked. But eventually, we got him connected, and by we, I mean the Gent from Australia who is a wizard at this stuff!

About the only other thing I can think to try is to maybe contact someone from here and see if they would be willing to connect via email, and then try to get on my machine now. My Alias is set for the following phrase:

warm monk cowardly cave

I'm leaving it up for a bit to see if the other guy sees my email and tries again.

Nope, couldn't connect to you, so looks like your settings are off somewhere along the line. Assuming your server was up when I tried to connect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Nope, couldn't connect to you, so looks like your settings are off somewhere along the line. Assuming your server was up when I tried to connect.
    I'm up. I'm going to try something. Can you try within the next 15 minutes, the time now being 17:25 EST? I'm going to try something...

Quote Originally Posted by HalC View Post
    I'm up. I'm going to try something. Can you try within the next 15 minutes, the time now being 17:25 EST? I'm going to try something...
    It worked
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The good news, it worked. The bad news, I had to knock my firewall down. The really good news is... I think I know how to resolve the issue. It requires that I enter the IP address of whom ever connects as a trusted IP (if I'm remembering correctly). Now to dig into McAfee *sigh*

I LOVED McAfee's earlier product, but when they changed it recently (relatively recently) it threw my Fantasy Grounds out of whack.

I bet if you tried now, it wouldn't work - now that McAfee is up and running.

Ok, after digging more deeply into this, I found the solution to the problem.

I have to go into McAfee's Firewall, then My Network Connections, and then add the person's IP address that I want to be able to have access through my computer acting as a server.

You should be able to unblock access to Fantasy Grounds, probably by putting it on a whitelist.

Edit: Info here.
    Last edited by Nylanfs; August 23rd, 2017 at 03:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    You should be able to unblock access to Fantasy Grounds, probably by putting it on a whitelist.

Edit: Info here.
    Thanks Nylanfs. I checked to see if I had it on the white list or not, and I did. So, for what ever reason - it wasn't letting me get done what it needed. I had it set for: incoming/outgoing, designated ports only, Netguard off. The option to set it for all devices looks suspiciously like a DMZ setting - something I don't want to risk.

Thanks Nylanfs. I checked to see if I had it on the white list or not, and I did. So, for what ever reason - it wasn't letting me get done what it needed. I had it set for: incoming/outgoing, designated ports only, Netguard off. The option to set it for all devices looks suspiciously like a DMZ setting - something I don't want to risk.
    I suspect that the port forwarding has UDP and TCP open and if you don't use McAfee's DMZ then it will likely be allowing UPD but not TCP or some such. So go with DMZ.

By not using "Open to all devices" then yes, you'll need to specify the IPs of the people connecting to you (having them go somewhere like ipchicken.com before connecting and relaying to you the public IP they'll be coming from).

Otherwise, using "Open to all devices" is what you'd generally use. This means anyone from any IP can get in, but *only* on the port you specified (the FG port), which will *only* be listening when you have FG running and the campaign is loaded.

Thread Information