FG Spreadshirt Swag

Combat Tracker with multiple cycles per round?

In a personal ruleset I'm working on, characters can take multiple actions per round (based on an established Action Point Pool, typical value of 2) and the round isn't over until the last character has spent their last point from their pool. These points are variable so not all characters have the same amount, and I'm wanting to get the CT to skip over the actors who have depleted their point pool while still cycling through those that haven't yet; all without advancing the round until the last actor spends that last point. And then once the round advances, the point pools reset to their original values and then repeat. Hopefully I've conveyed the idea adequately...

I think what I'm going to need to do is to establish the Action Point pool in the Combat Tracker and character sheets, link them together, and have its value reduce by 1 for each action taken by the character. Then I need to have the CT bounce between actors whose AP value is >0, and if no actors exist with a pool >0, advance to the next round and reset the AP pools... is that about right?

Is there something like this already? Because that would be super helpful...

Rolemaster does this with an automatic 3 phase round(might be customizable to a higher limit that players can then tweak to suit their own PC’s AP limitations) that can be selected(unless it is from Ardem’s Extension for RMFRP).
    You might be able to extract the code from that and use it.

A section for phases can be edited by players within the actual tracker where a number from 1-3 listed means the combat tracker should not skip that particular players phase, ranked by Initiative value, too.
    So an input of ‘23’ would skip Phase 1 but would ping the player to take their turn on phases 2 and then also on 3.
    ‘3’ would skip phases 1 and 2 and only allow that player to take a turn on phase 3, etc.

Hope that helps get you further!

Oops, just saw the date on this one...sorry for the necrothread raising.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Majyk View Post
    Oops, just saw the date on this one...sorry for the necrothread raising.
    We have or will all be guilty of doing this. Feel no shame! It happens to us all!

FG Con 13 – Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - October 12-14 2018
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.
    My Blog
    Technical Administrator for Fantasy Grounds College
    Holder of the "Ultimate License" | Allower of Demo Players!
    GM of Nephilim Wars - 5E Post Apocalyptic Campaign
    DM of Destiny Calls - 5E Homebrew that includes Waterdeep: Dragon Heist

Haha, well thanks for the kind words.
    Cheers!

Blog Entries
    Never happens to me. I'm perfect!

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No need to apologize, Majyk (at least to me -- the mods may require a blood sacrifice for your atonement). Thank you for sharing, if I understand correctly, a value of "123" allows the player to act in all 3 phases?

Quote Originally Posted by trembot_89 View Post
    Thank you for sharing, if I understand correctly, a value of "123" allows the player to act in all 3 phases?
    LOL, you got it - long memories for Mods!

You are exactly correct.
    Each number corresponds to dinging a Player for that exact Phase number listed, so 123 would notify on a Player’s Phase 1, 2 and finally 3 where they give input on whatever actions they declared at the beginning of the round before even rolling Init(and prevents Meta reactions without declaring a Cancel action that voids all Phase actions and moves all remaining response actions into the last Phase(3)).
    In other games, the Player just declares actions as each phase passes upon them.

I’ll edit a link for our Monday morning games so you can see how combat goes using such rounds/phases.
    RMFRP Combat Rounds/Phases in action
    Last edited by Majyk; September 17th, 2018 at 19:47. Reason: Link added

Ah okay, it isn't an exact fit but I do think it can be a step in the right direction. Thank you!

Thread Information