DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP x 5 - D&D 5e, Out of the Abyss, Friday Nights

I will be running Out of the Abyss played weekly on Friday evenings around 19:30 (7:30pm) PST until about 24:00 (12:00am) PST, but could go longer.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2709

FG License: Standard
    Game System: 5e

Time Zone: Pacific, USA
    Day of Week and Time: Friday 1930 - 24:00 PST
    Duration & Frequency: 4+ hours, Weekly
    Text or Voice: Voice.
    Voice Software Used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat Mix: 50/50
    Number of Players In-Game & Needed: 5 players needed
    Planned Start Date: August 25th, 2017
    Character Starting Level: Level 1.
    Character Restrictions: https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/BkWRwWaov-

Details of the Scenario:
    Captured by the drow, an ill-fate for anyone to be sure. Stricken down in combat, poisoned or simply sold, it doesn't matter now, you have no memory of how you got to this dark prison. Stripped of all your gear, and have only your wits and will to escape alive.

Beware the Underdark, for more is happening in it's dark depths than what appears...
    Thanks folks!!!

P.S. This will be my first time running a game through Fantasy Grounds (I have spent 92 hours on Steam getting into it), and purchased the official module for ease of use on my first time using FG.
    Last edited by MrNevada117; August 19th, 2017 at 02:38.

Heya Mr. Nevada, I would be interested in taking part in this. I played a lot of 3.5 and some 4e, but I confess I would be new to 5e. That being said, I am in the process of reading through the DM-G and PH right now, so I should be up to speed shortly.

I was hoping to find something local and in person, but alas... no dice. (Pun intended). Fantasy Grounds seems like a wonderful secondary option and I LOVED the Underdark Stuff in 3e.

That's it really! I can easily do Friday Nights and have no trouble with a 4 hour session. So if you are still taking players, I am game... (pun intended again).

Ha. Ironically, I am stuck in the same boat, the players that are around me can't game, so, no local game T.T. It's fine that you're new, as long as your mature and cool with mature themes.

Go ahead and put your character in the calendar (just above the FG License) and put your character concept in, and either Sunday or Monday, I'll take a look at all of those who posted and choose from there .
    Last edited by MrNevada117; August 19th, 2017 at 02:45.

Sounds good.

Give me a little bit of time to become familiar with the new material and I'll start a background. I will get it in no later than mid-day tomorrow

Interested in playing. Pretty familiar with both fantasy grounds and 5e at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Tobimarsh View Post
    Interested in playing. Pretty familiar with both fantasy grounds and 5e at this point
    Thanks, go ahead and give me your character idea and a bit about him in the Calendar, and either Sunday or Monday, I'll take a look into it.

I'm interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by MrNevada117 View Post
    Ha. Ironically, I am stuck in the same boat, the players that are around me can't game, so, no local game T.T. It's fine that you're new, as long as your mature and cool with mature themes.

Go ahead and put your character in the calendar (just above the FG License) and put your character concept in, and either Sunday or Monday, I'll take a look at all of those who posted and choose from there .
    Posted. Though I am still fleshing through the background a bit. I want the character to have a purpose to it's existence, not just "go kill things and level". At the same time, I don't want a deep story that takes away from the campaign. The campaign should be the book, his pursuit a flavor throughout a few chapters.

Right now I am kicking between: Monk that trades on behalf of the Monastery is captured while outside the walls. Monk that was hiding from a past (last noble of a dead house, crime he didn't commit, one deal gone wrong) meets that past and ends up a slave. Monk loses someone very close to them, leaves the Sanctuary and discovers they have been sold to the Drow.... so he foolishly follows.

Going with the 3rd one for now. Totally up to suggestions though, again, no desire to take over the campaign, just have some personal spice.

I applied on calendar. I put down Monk, but I see that Kaendris want Monk. I am comfortable with Cleric, but can play anything.
    I am somewhat familiar with FG, but haven't play in a bit.
    Gregg
    Ultimate License Owner
    Central IL
    (CST/GMT -6)
    Only late evening.
    Play Interests: D&D5e/Rolemaster/Pathfinder

Hey, I applied on the calendar. I would very much like to get into another regular game. I currently DM a game in FG and play in another game. I am have a fairly good handle on 5e rule set and I am pretty good at working with the FG tool set from the player and DM side. I enjoy this hobby and am pretty easy going about the way things go during a session. I play to have fun so I don't act in a way counter to that goal. I am also reliable and have a stable home situation that leads to me being very consistent.

Thread Information