FG Spreadshirt Swag

Question on Effects

Good Day All
    I have been lurking on the boards and trying to find an answer to my question but to no avail yet.

I am trying to set an effect for Dwarven Resilience but everything I have seen, including a extension I downloaded, seems to not work quite right or I am thinking it should do more than it does.

I see for the "ADVSAV: poison" (without quotes) if I have this active it rolls advantage for all saves.

So I kept looking and found great info that shows (I thought) that if I did "ADVSAV: constitution: poison" (without quotes) that it should work. I tested it by casting Cloudkill and it works for the Con save, but after trying other things I noticed it rolls ADVSAV for all Con rolls, not just poison.

My question would be. For this to work properly would I need to apply the effect only for the next save if the DM tells me it is vs poison so it cannot be a permanent effect (Like a Sneak Attack for a Rouge)? Or is there a way to leave it permanent and make it work only for poison?

Thanks for any assistance

There are no effects for saving throw subtypes, only the ability scores itself. So a permanent effect isn't an option. Just make an effect for 'ADVSAV: constitution' with an expire of 'on next roll' and apply it before the roll, though it is much easier to just hit the ADV below the chat window when making a poison save.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Hi Bonkon, welcome to the community.

FG doesn't recognise saves vs conditions such as poison so there isn't a way to create an effect which will work for this at all. If you need to make a poison saving throw then the simplets thing is to click the ADV button just before you make the save and you'll get the advantage on that one save.

Because FG doesn't recognise the poison parts of the effects you noted above it ignores it; hence the reason why you get either advantage on all saves or advantage on all CON saves.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thank You Gentlemen
    I thought that might be the case but it is good to hear it confirmed.

This is by far one of the best Forum Communities I have had the chance to find. Thanks to all of you who help us poor lost newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    FG doesn't recognise saves vs conditions such as poison so there isn't a way to create an effect which will work for this at all. If you need to make a poison saving throw then the simplets thing is to click the ADV button just before you make the save and you'll get the advantage on that one save.

Because FG doesn't recognise the poison parts of the effects you noted above it ignores it; hence the reason why you get either advantage on all saves or advantage on all CON saves.
    Is FG going to work on this? Like they did for the totem rage of resist all "!magic" ? Since the dwarf race and now the yanti race both have advantages on saves vs. specific things. I'm sure that there other systems supported by FG that also have something like this.

Thanks for all you do!

RaTath

Quote Originally Posted by RaTath View Post
    Is FG going to work on this? Like they did for the totem rage of resist all "!magic" ? Since the dwarf race and now the yanti race both have advantages on saves vs. specific things. I'm sure that there other systems supported by FG that also have something like this.

Thanks for all you do!

RaTath
    Depends on resources and other priorities I would suggest. Moon Wizard has commented on save vs conditions and advantage on condition saves a number of times and it isn't something which is easily done apparently. The problem as noted above is that currently it is the ability on which the save is based that produces the save rather than the damage type. Since damage types can come from a variety of sources which are not necessarily direct attacks there has to be quite a lot of coding to cover all of the possible variations.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Well I guess I'll just try to remain optimistically hopeful then.

Thanks for the speedy reply Zacchaeus.

Ra

Thread Information