FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Atrill View Post
    Encounters works and very useful. I just want to have a way to change sometimes NPC stats in a middle of combat, not BEFORE it.
    Sadly, some encounters have redlocked NPCs inside, so this slowed my games, because I need copy/change/put NPCs again. I can change NPCs stats inside CT, but this is very slow for 8 equal NPCs.
    Other way: to modify each encounter before game. But this is not very useful too.
    Since the info for NPCs on the CT is not linked, changing the NPC record would not update the CT in any case. You either need to edit the CT entry directly, or edit the NPC record and re-drop. Depending on what you want to change, it might be faster to create an effect on the fly, and just drop the effect on the NPCs that you want to change stats for...

Thank for detail answer, Trenloe!

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Since the info for NPCs on the CT is not linked, changing the NPC record would not update the CT in any case. You either need to edit the CT entry directly, or edit the NPC record and re-drop. Depending on what you want to change, it might be faster to create an effect on the fly, and just drop the effect on the NPCs that you want to change stats for...
    Yeah, maybe effects will be useful!

P.S. Do not knew about Deadlands problem with locked NPCs. This is terrible.

Blog Entries
    Well, regardless of ruleset, I only build NPCs as they are written, which means no unarmed. It's certainly something that could be addressed with the higher -ups, though and see if they want us to start doing that by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Well, regardless of ruleset, I only build NPCs as they are written, which means no unarmed. It's certainly something that could be addressed with the higher -ups, though and see if they want us to start doing that by default.
    Yep, I agree - if the creatures in the original product didn't have weapons then that's how developers should provide them.

@Others who have commented in this thread: If there is a specific issue where material is provided that is not as written (and there wasn't an overriding reason to change that - which is usually listed in the conversion notes) then please log that as a specific issue in its own thread, then it can be discussed, feedback given and a fix provided if appropriate. But, as has been mentioned just above, if this is how the original material was presented then that's how developers should provide the conversion unless there is direction from SmiteWorks or the publisher to do otherwise. In the example of unarmed NPCs which are also read only: I've shown in post #9 above the quick steps to make a copy and edit to your own requirements - which will also keep the original library entry unaltered, which is the main reason by library material is set to be read-only.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Atrill View Post
    P.S. Do not knew about Deadlands problem with locked NPCs. This is terrible.
    Without the full details of which NPCs we're talking about, then this may be by design - as I mentioned above in post #9 and also post #15, there is a reason for making base library data read-only. If the NPCs are in a purely adventure module, then that is different and that should be looked into - given specific examples (FG module name, NPC name).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Actually, the issue is that those Savage Worlds modules were made a long time ago, before we had the guidelines in place.

Our current guidelines are that any NPC record used in an adventure should be included fully as an editable record in that adventure.

Those SW modules would all have to be revisited to include a copy of each NPC, instead of pointing to the reference version. You should add to Ikael's wish list for Savage Worlds ruleset to see if he can coordinate with developers who made modules.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Our current guidelines are that any NPC record used in an adventure should be included fully as an editable record in that adventure.
    Yep.

Like I said in post #16: "If the NPCs are in a purely adventure module, then that is different and that should be looked into - given specific examples (FG module name, NPC name)."

Just to clarify my comment above a bit, the inclusion of full NPC records in DLC as a guideline above is only relevant when the reference book and adventure are made by the same publisher or available though an OGL type license, due to copyright considerations.

Luckily, in most situations, I think this should be straightforward.

Cheers,
    JPG

This is 10 minutes of looking in DLR THE FLOOD

Harrowed Guards - skills are wrong
    Rail Warriors - no default weapon
    Guardian Angel - no default weapon
    Outlaw - no default weapon (uneditable because it is linked)

These aren't needle in a haystack problems.

With DLR The Flood, I don't know what I am going to get unless I vet every encounter and since some of problems are not evident until you are in the combat tracker, it is really a pain to even vet the problems. I paid the money to save time and to just have things work. I should not need to pre-check every encounter prior to running the evenings session.

Thread Information